2 hours ago, My life, my recovery said:

This was my note to self, in the pre-respond SOS topic. I know I am going to need it today. I asked a few people around me if they will support me just that little bit of extra today.

Great to see you preparing for the more difficult days. It shows how much this means to you. Stick with it because these are the days that truly make or break a quit. One god awful cigarette and it takes an age to try again. 

Shout if there is any way in which we can help. You have this. 

• Like 3

@notsmokinjo and @Sslip bedankt voor jullie steun. Zulke toffe lui hier hè. Heel waardevol. 

Het gaat redelijk. Het is een geruststelling dat ik me vandaag van mezelf alleen hoef vast te houden  aan NOPE. Als ik het eind van de dag maar haal, dan is het goed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hold on tight to your quit My Life! You have worked so hard to get were you are now and you should be proud of that. You are at 4 weeks now and yes, the early quit symptoms are still with you but not for much longer as you are already starting to see improvements in those and having some better days. Remember, quitting is a process and does not happen overnight or suddenly but very slowly. You are making good progress but sometimes it's hard to tell. Stay close to this place too because we all understand exactly what you are going through and the feelings you have as you continue on your quit journey.

Your addiction knows it's in trouble now. You have starved it for 4 weeks! It's getting desperate now and will try to lure you back in weak moments. Don't listen to it! Continue on with your quit. You are winning the war against smoking :) 

• Like 2

Upwards and onwards  ML....

You've, got that nico monster shaking in his boots !!!

He knows he's in trouble....wow !!..nearly a month....great stuff !!!

• Like 1

Days like this are why we practice NOPE!! I'm sorry you're having one of those days but, lool at you, asking for help!! Asking for help takes more strength than pulling alone.

I'm sending you strength and extra glitter today! ((MLMR))

• Like 1

5 hours ago, My life, my recovery said:

@notsmokinjo and @Sslip bedankt voor jullie steun. Zulke toffe lui hier hè. Heel waardevol. 

Het gaat redelijk. Het is een geruststelling dat ik me vandaag van mezelf alleen hoef vast te houden  aan NOPE. Als ik het eind van de dag maar haal, dan is het goed. 

Ik hoop dat je dag beter was dan je had verwacht. Drink uit de bodemloze beker van NOPE !

Drink Deep From The Bottomless Cup of NOPE

Drink diep uit de bodemloze kop van NOPE

• Like 1

@notsmokinjo yes, almost one month. I am in control I am in control I am in control. Reminds me of oeuf du fromage, on repeat at night, to learn french. My own little woohoo thread,  yeah!!!

@Sslip I guess you are right. These are the days that count double .. Had I smoked today, I would not have tried for another 7 decades or so. I should be proud. I'm sure proudness for overcoming this day will sink in soon.

@reciprocity I am holding tight. Noping and reaching out was what got me through. And ... laughing about this whole circus. Man oh man... it sure is something.

@Doreensfree upwards and onwards it is. I really like your catchy oneliners! 

@c9jane29 yes. I guess these days are great for learning new skills. I received the glitter and accidentely spoiled some on someone annoying today. I think you don't mind. 

@Sazerac mijn dag was beter dan ik had gedacht. Ik ben nu wel heel moe en nog een beetje verdwaasd maar dat is ok. Je praat goed Nederlands !

• Like 1

Ik ben blij dat je dag beter was dan verwacht.

Het spijt me te moeten zeggen dat ik geen Nederlands spreek. Ik gebruik Google Translator en hoop op het beste

• Sad 1

Just now, Sazerac said:

Ik ben blij dat je dag beter was dan verwacht.

Het spijt me te moeten zeggen dat ik geen Nederlands spreek. Ik gebruik Google Translator en hoop op het beste

Your mother!!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StewieTech said:

Your mother!!!

Eu estou usando o Google Tradutor e disse, 

Que bom que seu dia foi melhor que o esperado.  Beba profundamente a partir do copo de NOPE

I expect my junkie thinking to roar for the next nine days. Thing is: I'll be flying Spain-wards. 28°C (82.400°F), blue sky, no complaints. 

One thing that stands out for me in this proces: the more I expect and thus prepare for triggers, the steadier I get through. I know the thoughts by now that cause uproar and I am pretty strong in countering them. 

I suspect that I already practiced with at least half of the triggers I will come across.. (One of them is wine, ha!). Had tapas last week, my man vapes, lots of people smoke but that's also the case where I work and I've had smokeless drinks in the sun. So, nothing new there. Smoking is not romantic, does not enhance cozy get togethers, does definitely NOT make you more relaxed. And remember, when everything else fails: You DO care. A lot. Just NOPE your'e way through the moment and you'll be absolutely fine. Putting time between me and my last cigarette (forgive me if quoting wrongly, like it like this anyway).

Now I come to think of it... there's truly not that much to be scared of. I sort of already did everything that would wake junkie thinking, except for that it wasn't in Spain. And that I haven't been waiting for planes in the last 4 weeks.

Ok, so.. that's that. Gonna stay as close to the board as possible. And rant and SOS when I need it. And post a funny stickpic now and then. 

Bye! 😁🙅

Edited by My life, my recovery
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey MyLife, I headed on holiday around six or seven weeks after I first quit. It was also the first time I had a drink post quit. The plane journey was a joy in all honesty. The unbelievable panic before check in that led to chain smoking wasn't there. I was much more relaxed as the flight progressed as the intensity of the enforced abstinence wasn't there. 

In any case the holiday is a great reward for your success so far. Have a fantastic time. 

• Like 4

My life, You'll enjoy your trip as a non-smoker.  Have fun and stay strong.

• Like 3

Hey,  M'life,

You don't smoke anymore !

Have a nice warm time in The Sun !

• Like 2

Have a great smoke free time in Spain my life, I'm looking forward to hearing how nice it was not to run off the plane to light up! :)

• Like 2

It's beautiful here. So nice to walk these steep streets without grasping for air and coughing all the time!  

Woke up early this morning,  sat a while outside. It was still pirch dark and quiet. It bugged me that all I could think of was a smoke, while I'm in this beautiful village, on a roof, under the stars ...  all the more reason to go on today and to  solidify my quit.  

50d40aaedf0147f28bdc525541a64bdb.jpg

• Like 3

Het kan frustrerend zijn als je die drang krijgt om altijd te roken of er iets over te zeggen. Maar onder de sterren op dat dak in Spanje heb je jezelf iets bijzonders geleerd ... gewoon omdat alles waar je aan denkt het rookt, betekent niet dat je moet roken, en dat deed je niet. Dat is een connectie in je hersenscheid, nooit om je te irriteren om opnieuw te roken. Goed gedaan, geniet van de rest van uw rookvrije vakantie.

• Like 2

Looks fabulous there :) 

Thoughts of smoking may still come to you but you are also realizing there are so many great benefits to being a non-smoker while on holiday. As those benefits multiply it gives you even more reason to stay quit forever.

• Like 1