Man. Guess what we get to do at work today?

JB 883

We get to watch this motivational video pout together by the company! AND, we might even get to hear a speech about team work!

I know what would just be the icing on the cake. If someone stood up and started singing....

"Sometimes in our lives we all have pain
We all have sorrow
But if we are wise
We know that there's always tomorrow..."

It would be an emotional moment, people singing, clapping, crying tears of joy, feeling motivated to work harder so the big boss gets richer...

It should be a cinematic experience like no other.

On the good side - there will be free food. And whatever, if we are getting paid to watch some bullshit great inspirational material, so be it

Edited by Jetblack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Ok so I thought I'd help you out JB and got me fizchick on... saw the program for the day... that food better be damn good because you want be singing Lean on Me... nope they have and even better bonding song on the agenda....

giphy.gif

now didn't that just make your day.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 4

Yeah I know the script. Started with a regional family owned company 15 years ago and we are in our 2nd huge corporate takeover. Not much longer to hang in there though at least you get free food. Teamwork ! Let`s do it gang! Last Christmas bonus was in 2008. Do your best to endure the crap. Best wishes.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Back in my younger days, I briefly worked at a Duracell battery plant.  During my time there, upper management all went to some quality control (ISO 9000) seminar.  The only thing that changed was they put up banners with sayings like: "Zero Defects" and "Quality Is Our Mission."

They hung one of the banners too low and a guy moving pallets on a forklift got caught up in it.  Pallets were crashing all over the place.  People on the floor were scrambling for cover.  All the guy driving the forklift could do was cover his head and hope for the best.

The irony of it all broke up the monotony of an otherwise dreadfully boring job.

• Haha 2

They brought in some pretty good food. So while the video played, I think most of us were concentrating on our food anyways. TBH i am not even sure if the boss was paying any attention.

2 hours ago, Boo said:

They hung one of the banners too low and a guy moving pallets on a forklift got caught up in it.  Pallets were crashing all over the place.  People on the floor were scrambling for cover.  All the guy driving the forklift could do was cover his head and hope for the best.

The irony of it all broke up the monotony of an otherwise dreadfully boring job.

Would have been hilarious if the banner wasn't about safety. With people scrambling, why am I getting this image of someone diving away from an explosion like in an action movie?

Edited by Jetblack
  • Haha 2