Happy Left Handers Day!

Doreensfree

That bubby  is definitely a lefty, everyone knows that if you're a righty you pick your nose with the fingers on your left hand. Unexpected sticky residue is a nightmare if there's suddenly a need for a dexterous task.

You may have guessed a righty here. :)

• Haha 4

^^^ Actually until about 18 months kids are neither right or left handed (unless they are missing an arm for some reason)... because the part of the brain that determines 'handedness' has not closed and is an open channel... it takes 18 months to close this process completely and prior to that kids really are ambidextrous, as parents we can influence the hand they use as dominant and sometime they will copy those around them in mirroring behaviours. There is a sympathetic reflex that babies are born with that needs to disengage to determine handedness, if there is a mixed dominance or the baby has been swayed to the side that they were not naturally going to this reflex can not disengage completely or at all and this can influence things like stutters, stammers, dyslexia, dysgraphia and processing delays as the wiring paths within the brain become scrambled. Aren't we all glad I got over 10 hours sleep last night :D

OH and I am a righty but I can bat left or right with equal accuracy in softball, I can bat left handed in cricket but do better right handed, I can only play a guitar or ukulele left handed, I can write with both but right is better, much better, I can kick a footy further with my left foot than my right.

My dad's a lefty... my grandma was a lefty... we have lots of Molly Dookers (do-curs) in our family.

The kid throws a ball right handed but pitches left handed and bats left handed. It shits me having to have two sets of gloves for her for when she pitches. She can write with both hands, the writing is neater if she uses her right, but it is mirrored and from the right of the page to the left. Is she uses her left its the right way round but messy and has way more spelling errors or letter reversals. At school she would use one hand until lunch then swap for the afternoon... now she just uses her lap top and most of her work is voice to text... life is much easier now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@jillar he'll tell us... just let him find the thread....

So if 10% of the population are lefties... as a righty one would assume it is because they are owners of an inferior recessive gene BUT what if that thinking is wrong and they are really an evolutionary superior model???? hmmmm.... there must be some benefit to being a lefty??

left-handed-2.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Naughtius Maximus said:

Im a righty! :) But i suppose, if i had to wank with my left hand, i would do it.

See I could have told them that for you because I felt the callouses when you spanked me the other day but why steal your thunder ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2