Beginning of 3rd Day and........

Mee

I am breathing deeply, trying to stay busy and boy am I crabby.  I bit my husband's head off numerous times last night.  I couldn't get my ticker to work and couldn't get my profile picture to work.  

My head is saying nope but my body is wanting a smoke.  Wish I could just be put in a coma for a week.  

• Like 8

Yes Linda, it's not a nice time because your body and brain is in turmoil and that nicotine addiction is screaming to be fed. Time to grit your teeth and just stay true to NOPE! It's tough no doubt but it IS doable. You are in the worst of it now at day 3 so power through it girl :) I'm sure your hubby understands that you are not yourself at the moment. That quick fuse won't last forever. Things will eventually smooth out for you.

• Like 6

Linda, you're doing great and doing the right things. Hope your hubby is backing you in this and is cutting you some slack. Make sure you are cutting yourself some slack too.

Get plenty of water, make sure you keep your blood sugar up.

• Like 6

Remember by day three all the nicotine is completely out of your system, you don't want to go putting in right back in do you, focus on the positives, you have got this far because you are strong, because you want to be a non smoker, stick two fingers up at the nicotine monster and blow a raspberry if you need too! We can do this, lets put this addiction in its place and that is out the door. xx

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Linda Thomas said:

I am breathing deeply, trying to stay busy and boy am I crabby.  I bit my husband's head off numerous times last night.  I couldn't get my ticker to work and couldn't get my profile picture to work.  

My head is saying nope but my body is wanting a smoke.  Wish I could just be put in a coma for a week.  

Stay On The Path.

Stay Focused.

You are leaving hell behind.

Drink fruit juice (Welch's Grape is just grape, no added sugar)

Eat Satsumas.

Take a primal screaming shower.

Stomp and shout.

Do anything but smoke.

Every crave you beat is gone forever  as your brain begins repair.

Reward yourself for every crave beaten down, every smoke denied.

Read this

The Significance of Rewards

You are doing great, Linda !

This won't  last long and you will emerge beautiful  and strong.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 6

Keep at it Linda, you can do this.  Try to focus on the positives and realize that you are almost out of the physical withdrawals.  It is tough but it can be done --- deep breathing techniques and drinking a lot of cold water can really help.  

• Like 6

Hey Linda, hopefully by now you're feeling a little better and these fine folks were able to help you realize what you are going through is completely normal. Don't worry about biting anyone's head off, unless you do it literally, then you might have to worry lol. But seriously some of us in our early quits got angry some of us cried over spilt milk. It's totally normal.

One thing that really helped me in my first months was my JAC, jillars air cigarette, I just pretended I was holding an actual cigarette in my fingers and then went through the motions of "smoking" it. I might have looked stupid doing it but it really worked in tricking my mind into thinking it was getting its fix. Some members have used cut straws, pens, etc. Maybe you can give that a try?

About your profile pic and ticker, I think a moderator can help you with that.

You're doing great Linda, be super proud of yourself! :)

• Like 4

Hi Linda

Crabbiness is acceptable….smoking is not.

Let’s start by helping you get a profile photo.  Hopefully you have one you want to use in the photo library on your device.

·         Go to the top of the page on Quit Train, and in the upper right-hand corner you’ll see a small circle with the letter “L” in it.  That’s your current default photo.  Click on it.

·         You’re now on the home page for Linda Thomas.  There’s a long rectangular box at the top that has the circle with the “L” in the lower left-hand corner.  You’ll see a little box (there’s a silhouette of a mountain and sun).  When you hover over that box it says “Profile Photo”.  Click that.

·         You now click on the black box that says “Choose Single File”.  This should bring up your photo library.  Choose the photo you want for your profile.  At this point it will allow you to shift or center the photo within the borders.

·         Click “Save” and you’ve got your profile pic.

·         If you go back to the first step you’ll also see a box that says “Cover Photo”.  This allows you to choose a background picture that is visible when others check out your profile.

Good luck!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BKP said:

Hi Linda

Crabbiness is acceptable….smoking is not.

Let’s start by helping you get a profile photo.  Hopefully you have one you want to use in the photo library on your device.

·         Go to the top of the page on Quit Train, and in the upper right-hand corner you’ll see a small circle with the letter “L” in it.  That’s your current default photo.  Click on it.

·         You’re now on the home page for Linda Thomas.  There’s a long rectangular box at the top that has the circle with the “L” in the lower left-hand corner.  You’ll see a little box (there’s a silhouette of a mountain and sun).  When you hover over that box it says “Profile Photo”.  Click that.

·         You now click on the black box that says “Choose Single File”.  This should bring up your photo library.  Choose the photo you want for your profile.  At this point it will allow you to shift or center the photo within the borders.

·         Click “Save” and you’ve got your profile pic.

·         If you go back to the first step you’ll also see a box that says “Cover Photo”.  This allows you to choose a background picture that is visible when others check out your profile.

Good luck!

I did it.  

• Like 7

Great profile pic, Linda.  :)

I know you don't feel this way now but believe me, you are doing great.  When you stick with this quit and look back at these early days, you will be really proud of yourself for fighting through these moments.  And yes, your quit gets stronger everytime you fight through these moments.

At this stage, your third day, the nicotine has probably physically left your body completely, or is close to doing so.  Getting the nicotine out of your system is a really big step to leaving cigarettes behind for good.

I know it is tough but you are doing great.  Keep up the awesome work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BKP said:

Great!  Are those your babies?  If so, I'll bet they're glad mom stopped smoking.

Yes those are my babies and they all are babies!  We always had two golden retrievers and lost one a year ago.  So we decided to try the mini golden doodle (which isn't so mini).  Then we lost another golden.  I always wanted a white golden and finally indulged.  It turned out she has a double heart defect and is not expected to live long.  The breeder said he would return our money but wanted the dog back.  We were afraid he would put her down and refused.  He then offered us another dog.  My husband was so thrilled but I was thinking it would be difficult with three new puppies.  They are eight months now and that has been  a journey.  I am proud to say that I finally have them walking beside me.  When I want a smoke, we take a walk  So, yes I would say they are thrilled mommy is quitting smoking.

• Like 7

Linda, you are in the thick of it now - the challenging time of your early quit so please stay close to us here. We know exactly what you are up against and the battles you are fighting against this addiction. All of us have been there and with the support of others, we made it through. Let us help you do the same :)

• Like 4

On 8/4/2018 at 3:59 AM, Linda Thomas said:

Yes those are my babies and they all are babies!  We always had two golden retrievers and lost one a year ago.  So we decided to try the mini golden doodle (which isn't so mini).  Then we lost another golden.  I always wanted a white golden and finally indulged.  It turned out she has a double heart defect and is not expected to live long.  The breeder said he would return our money but wanted the dog back.  We were afraid he would put her down and refused.  He then offered us another dog.  My husband was so thrilled but I was thinking it would be difficult with three new puppies.  They are eight months now and that has been  a journey.  I am proud to say that I finally have them walking beside me.  When I want a smoke, we take a walk  So, yes I would say they are thrilled mommy is quitting smoking.

Wow, look at the dedication you have towards your babies, they already love you, and going for the walks with them, specially to ward off those silly cravings is an even better way to let them know you care.

they're lucky to have you as you are to have them.

Great gritty stuff Linda, stay strong. 

• Like 2

How you going Linda? Keeping you in my thoughts. I walked our dogs a fair bit when I first quit... we have a 9 year old bitsa who looks like a black lab puppy, then we have a German Shepherd who has adhd and is mental... and then our baby is a Dogue de Bordeaux (Turner & Hooch dog)... who is supposed to be the dumbest but is the only one with any training that has stuck... problem with Sarge (the bordeaux) is he has just turned one, is over 40kg but is a big baby and thinks he is a lap dog. Hope your hanging in there and doing OK.

• Like 4