What Makes You Happy

notsmokinjo

Living out in the country.  Far away from the constant hustle and bustle of life in the city.

Quiet, slow, and simple.  Some say boring, I say perfect.

Green Acres is the place to be...

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Boo said:

Living out in the country.  Far away from the constant hustle and bustle of life in the city.

Quiet, slow, and simple.  Some say boring, I say perfect.

Green Acres is the place to be...

Good to know all is well in Soddin Lazyville.!!!

• Haha 3

Retrospective 13... gee I'm really bad at doing this every day...

Happiness is a hot corned beef dinner with left over cabbage for Colcannon the next day.

14th ... Knowing there is home made chocolate mousse in the fridge for afters tonight and it didn't come out of a packet.

• Like 2

Gday

People talk about being Happy Or Sad.

Polar opposites.

Either one or the other.

Not so I recon. There is that place in the middle, that steady place that's, just well...a satisfied place.

i don't need the extremes of either end.

Just the steady comfortable bit in the middle.

Satisfied.

Yep recon that's it 

regards Chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Gday

O' roast pork! In the middle of the week! 

Work really really sucks and gets in the way of the "cooking class"

cant wait for the weekend I'd love a roast. 

And pork I'm still trying to figure it out 

Crackle at the start or crackle at the end.

Or a pickled pork neck smoked for 6 hours to a fall apart ham.

Recon I've got home from work lots late and an super hungry.

baked beans on toast with home smoked cheese and under the grill.

C

C

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cbdave said:

O' roast pork! In the middle of the week! 

UM... currently unemployed because I was made redundant... went to coles for bread and milk and they had 4.5kg leg of pork for $13 because it had to be cooked that day... 80% off... who can say no to that!... otherwise roast is only for Sunday.

Crackling is all about the prep.... need to make sure its all dry... use a stanley knife to score the fat... rub the olive oil and salt in JUST before putting it in the oven... NOW your oven needs to be on max heat for the first 30-40mins... at 30 mins check it and it should have white bubbles on it..... after the 30mins drop your heat to 180C (160C in a fan force) then let it cook for 40mins per kg... so a 3kg roast would cook for 30min on max + 2 hours on 180... let it stand at least 15mins before carving.

• Like 2

^^^ Geez - that's brutal ? Poor Piggy ?

Lost my computer last week when I retired so just borrowed one now to do a quick post :) Been a little busy this past week and am going back into hiding for another while after this post. Will return when everything gets sorted.

Here's a teaser from last Sat. when I gave away my daughter. Not sure why buddy's smiling. Apparently he doesn't fully appreciate just how expensive her tastes are? He'll figure it out soon enough - lol. I gave the wifey my camera to get some shots of me walking my daughter down the aisle which she did but then proceeded to lose the camera ? has yet to be found. Will have to wait for the professional pics now I guess. Got this one off of Face-Plant!

344xswh.jpg

Gotta run now. We are packing all our shite to move this Sat. to a new place. House purchase closes on Friday (hopefully??). Move on Sat. then go back and clean the old place on Sunday. Monday we are off to L.A. Tuesday we are off to Tahiti, Moorea and a bunch of other places down that way because wifey got a super travel deal about 8 months ago that was too good to pass up. Coming back in Sept. Our current house closes 6 hours after we land back here from our trip (hopefully??).

I must say, the stress levels have been off the charts for weeks now with all this happening in a very limited time frame. Not once have I thought that having a smoke would help in any way, shape or form. In fact, I would be pissed that I wasted the time lighting one up and smoking it because I could have been packing something or moving stuff into the loading area or whatever. See you newbies! It does get easier; a lot easier!! A year ago I would have just gone bought a carton of smokes and lit the whole thing without even unwrapping it ?

Anyway, hope everyone is well and enjoying life. Can't wait to get back and slow the pace down a little. For now, gotta go for the gusto while I still can :)

Take care everyone :18_kissing_heart:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for posting Reci....

They do make a beautiful couple...

Your daughter looked amazing....so pretty....

Hope your move goes smoothly... And then have one hell of  a great trip......safe journey.!!!

See you here when it's all over....

• Like 2

OK so I have been slack...

17th.... the smell of lavendar and lemons instead of the offerings of my daughter spewy mc chuck.... ok and getting a bargin on the fabric.

18th... spending the day with my dad.

19th.... finishing the flippin elf costume.... starting the flippin elf costume might make that easier.

19th... Living in a community where volunteers exist and are respected and valued.

• Like 2