1 year, 3 months and 13 days into my quit

Hi all

I haven't been on Quit Train for a while.  I used this board all the time when I quit on 18 April 2017 and I found the support so helpful.   I was just wondering how everyone is getting on.  I also though I would leave a message to the newbies to say it really does get easier.  I hardly think about it anymore, even when leaving airports after a flight - I would spark up as soon as I got outside!

For me the process was:

Week 1 - hell on earth!

Month 1 - as above!

After 2 months, I was still getting triggers when I got in the car, off a train etc

6 months - the triggers were fewer

9 months - as above

1 year - so chuffed and felt liberated

Now - I would never ever want to smoke again and the thought of it makes me feel rubbish

I was on 30 a day, so if I could do it, you all can!

Anyway, let me know how your quits are going.

Claire

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Joe.

Just checking my smoke free app and it says the following:

Money saved:  £7251.00 (£5,639 per year)

Cigarettes not smoked:  14079.06

Time not spent smoking in days:  48.89

Life regained days: 117.33

We've had some nice holidays this year!

• Like 6

Clair thanks so much for giving us you update, it helps those of us are still moving through that first year.  Much of what you said above is true for me to this point -- and yes it is getting easier.  

• Like 3

Hi claire thanks for the update. Omg fourteen thousand fags not smoked - how gross is that! That grosses me out more than the money saved impresses me now! Yuk yuk yuk! Im approaching nine months and just want the year over with! And wondering what i push for after that. Or is it just, ahhhhh, i did it, now chill. Who knows, not me anyway. But ill find out soon eh! But thanks for popping in, it does help us newbies a lot. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WeegieWoman said:

just want the year over with! And wondering what i push for after that.

2 years babe... then 3... then 4....then that point in your life when you don't need to push for anything because it just is.... NOPE.. .. nah, I have we strive for never loosing the CoS to the sticks ever again ;)

Claire... thanks for dropping in and giving the update.. love to hear how well you're going... it really is a help to those of us coming behind, had a rough night so good to log on and see these fantastic post.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:51 PM, WeegieWoman said:

Hi claire thanks for the update. Omg fourteen thousand fags not smoked - how gross is that! That grosses me out more than the money saved impresses me now! Yuk yuk yuk! Im approaching nine months and just want the year over with! And wondering what i push for after that. Or is it just, ahhhhh, i did it, now chill. Who knows, not me anyway. But ill find out soon eh! But thanks for popping in, it does help us newbies a lot. 

Hi Weegie - You will find it easier at the 1 year mark.  I am the same about the number of fags that I haven't smoked!  I bought my friend a packet yesterday and they were £12.45!!  Bonkers!