Day one is over

nikki729

I did it. Day one is over. It certainly has been a hard one. d2 mentioned in another thread of mine how after a few times of going through a crave it gets weaker. Well the morning coffee was a hard one to cope with and my after meal lunch one was iffy but after dinner it was becoming a bit easier to deal with. So that was an awesome feeling that Yes things do improve. Thanks to everyone. Your responses and help are all appreciated.  So here I am at the beginning of day 2. Can't believe I made it. No turning back now. Full steam ahead. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, nikki729 said:

So here I am at the beginning of day 2. Can't believe I made it. No turning back now. Full steam ahead. 

Congratulations Nikki!  The first few days are the toughest but it does get better...much better.

Just take it one moment at a time.  As you said, there's no turning back now.  Keep up the great work!  :)

• Like 5

Yup! A day at a time Nikki! That's the way we all get there. Be sure to go to the daily NOPE page and pledge your commitment to not take a puff just for this day. It's a great way to start your day. Commit to yourself and all of us to be smoke free just for today. Before you know it, you will be smoke free for life :)

• Like 4

Great job Nikki! Please stay close to the board and read what others have said about going through the quit. Be proud and you can do this. The damn cig does not own you Nikki. Stay strong and S.O.S. if need be. All my best wishes. You can do this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Nikki,

Congratulations on your first day of freedom.

We are all cheering you on.

I am glad you had a really good day.

Do not be surprised or afraid of bad days,

they are bound to crop up.

Post your own response to any possible sos's you may encounter

Here

This helps us to know how to respond to any crisis and helps you articulate why you are quitting, what is important to you.

I look forward to hearing about how day 2 goes for you.

Welcome to your freedom, Nikki.

S

• Like 1

Great job and mindset, Nikki!  The latter is a strength that will serve you well in this journey to freedom.  Oh!  Wait a minute!  You're already free!  Yes, even after one day, you've established your freedom. All that remains is for you to hold onto it.   KTQ!

• Like 4

Awesome, Nikki!  You're doing great.

I used to play a game in my head ... I would imagine hitting the crave with a hammer while mentally shouting (at least I don't think I voiced it) - Die, Crave, Die.

The thing with triggers is that the majority of them are daily triggers - coffee, lunch, drive, before work, after work, dinner, etc.  We get through a majority of them in the first few days and if we survive the initial few days, the daily triggers are already weaker.  However, there are occasional triggers still waiting to trip us up - travel, bad news at work or home, etc etc.  Even though it gets easier, we need to stay alert because these show up just when we start to feel confident.

Stay strong and looking forward to your journey journal.

• Like 2

Yay Nikki. It will get easier and easier. You’ll see. It may feel like a difficult time to adjust kicking the habit but hold on. You are about to completely amaze yourself at how well you get through this. 

Stay at close to the board and NOPE everyday!

• Like 1