Hello everyone

nikki729

?  Just finished my last cigarette. Been waking up this past week feeling horrible. Coughing, headaches just all around crappy. Feeling a bit anxious but knowing it was time to take control and quit this addiction. It is literally running my life. Been smoking most of my life and I am really beginning to feel the adverse effects of what smoking has done to my body. I am pumped and ready to begin this quitting process. I am happy I found some support.  I decided to go cold turkey and am armed with water, juice and healthy snacks. What little reading I have done here has already helped me tremendously. So here is the beginning of the new and improved me. Glad I found all of you. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hi nikki welcome to the train :) Today is a GREAT day to quit smoking and take your life back. I'm convinced that I wouldn't have succeeded without the support of fellow quitters from all over the world! After all, who Vetter knows what we're going through better than us?!

I found that being active here supporting, reading, posting, celebrating and socializing really helped keep my mind off my misery. Hopefully the same will be true for you :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to QuitTrain, Nikki!  Congratulations on deciding to quit smoking.

Quitting smoking can be challenging but education about nicotine addiction and support in quitting can really help you stay quit for good.  You can get both here.  

There are a lot of great people here that will help you with whatever questions or struggles you may have.

Reach out whenever you need support and read as much as you can about quitting smoking.  

You can do this and life as a non-smoker is much greater than being a slave to nicotine addiction.

It is good to have you here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Great to meet you Nikki! Congratulations on taking this first step to freeing yourself from this addiction! Stay committed and come here often to educated yourself and get support from others who are traveling the same path. Take it a day at a time for now Nikki. The weeks and months will take care of themselves. Just focus on the next hour and then the next day!

We are here to help you along!

3835d803d3ecc1301d0bf5636cb38bf5.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Welcome aboard on this journey Nikki -- you have come to a great place.  Take time to read and learn.  There are a lot of great people here that are really great and always ready to help.  Remember cold water will help as well as deep breathing -- many other tricks that others will share also.  And remember to come back here every day to make your daily NOPE pledge -- it  really does help.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hello Nikki !

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking, it is one you will never regret.  Never/Ever.

Please read Everything you can about nicotine addiction, it will help your resolve.

I quit cold turkey too.  Quit any way you can.

Let us know how you are feeling, what helps you cope.  Anyone reading will greatly appreciate your experience.

Drink water.  Feed yourself.  Breathe intently. Commit to yourself and your quit.

scream cry and stomp your feet.

Do everything but smoke.

You will succeed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hi nikki729 - you have found a good place to be as you start your quit journey! Read, read, read as much as you can here so you will know what to expect and then read it all again. 

One day at a time and remember to NOPE every day! ?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi Nikki...

Welcome to this fabulous place...

We will support every step of the way...you have been given great advice so far....

Read ,Read,and Read some more..you will fight the beast with knowledge...

Of course you will have bumps along the way.( your battles )..but as you win them...you'll sin your war...

This will be the best journey of your life..taking you go Freedom...

And you just might have a laugh along the way....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hello Nikki,

Welcome to Quittrain...as you can see from the outpouring of support you've already received, we take quitting seriously :)

Everyone here has been instrumental in me being able to maintain my quit, and I've just made it over the one month mark...it's tough, but certainly possible.

Just take it one day, one hour at a time. Stay active on the forums, play games, shout out if you need anything, we are all a community here.

Welcome aboard once again, and looking forward to taking this awesome journey together.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi nikki and welcome. In addition to learning all you can about this addiction and sharing your ups and downs, many people find that having a "ticker" is a big motivator.  It tracks the time you have been smoke free, the money you've saved, and the number of cigarettes you've avoided since quitting.

If you're interested in creating your own, click on the first tab entitled "Ticker" under the Quit Train logo at the top of the page.  It asks you to fill in some basic info and once complete, will show up at the bottom of every post/response you do.  Many people find tickers inspirational.....especially in the first year of their quit.

Again, welcome aboard.  You can do this.

Edited by BKP
  • Like 4

c204b9729a438934c52a293ba5fb39ce0dcecc5dHi Nikki, and Welcome to QT, so good to see you here. You sound all prepared and ready ? just take it a day at a time, post often and dont forget to NOPE daily. Look forward to having you on the journey with us.

All the best ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Nikki

Keep close to this board and you'll get support from the wonderful folk on this board.  I got through the first week, by getting out walking and swimming.  Do anything to take your mind off it.  When you get a trigger, it won't last long until it goes away.

Good luck!

• Like 2