Rain Day (29 JulY) .... But did it?

notsmokinjo

4 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

So 29 July is Rain Day.... so just wondering did it rain where you are?

Nope.

We've caught a brief respite from the daily thunderstorms but are looking at a potentially wet week ahead.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Boo said:

Nope.

We've caught a brief respite from the daily thunderstorms but are looking at a potentially wet week ahead.

Do you need the rain or is it one of those the rivers are starting to run a bit high situations and too much of a good thing?

14 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Do you need the rain or is it one of those the rivers are starting to run a bit high situations and too much of a good thing?

We're good for right now.  Three-inches above normal in fact.

We've had moderate-to-severe drought conditions every summer for about five-years straight, so this is a nice change for us.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Boo said:

We've had moderate-to-severe drought conditions every summer for about five-years straight, so this is a nice change for us.

Yeah, sounds like here... the worry warts are out in force as its been a drier than usual winter which is usually not good sign for summer and the fire season.

OK... so the update is:

Canada - too early to call it

California - Nope

Glasgow - Yep

Liverpool - Yep

Melbourne - Yep

Nth Carolina - too early to call it

Portugal - Nope

Tennessee - Nope

Texas - Nope

• Like 1

End of day report ........ NO Rain! It got windy and cool for a bit then the sun returned.

I must say though that my lawn looks like it did back in the spring after turning all brown in early July when temps were up and rain was non-existent!

2vb53lt.jpg

Weather seems to be returning to more normal now :)

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 3

Nope....no rain for Long Island, New York. AccuWeather keeps stating thunder showers in next few hours but nothing happening by me. So much for

rain day!!

Will have to drag my sprinkler around all day tomorrow! ? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, reciprocity said:

End of day report ........ NO Rain! It got windy and cool for a bit then the sun returned.

I must say though that my lawn looks like it did back in the spring after turning all brown in early July when temps were up and rain was non-existent!

2vb53lt.jpg

Weather seems to be returning to more normal now :)

Awesome backyard cricket venue or even backyard footy.... man would we have loved that space as kids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sazerac said:

No sky water for Sazerac but, a few blocks away were lucky. 

Thunder and lightening was a big fat tease and left me dry, baby.  Left me dry.

Sounds like "Build Up" in Darwin, where we have 2 wonderful season, Wet and Dry... the Build Up is the 'season' between Dry & Wet where it clouds up and there are full blow thunderstorms without a single drop of rain and the humidity is 100% and people go Troppo (slightly insane) for the weeks it takes for the promised rain to come.

So America, who's calendar Rain Day comes from have all seemed to have missed out... how sucky is that.

Update:

Canada - Nope

California - Nope

Glasgow - Yep

Liverpool - Yep

Long Island - Nope

Melbourne - Yep

New Orleans (well Saz's corner) - Nope, but a few blocks over yep, but because it wasn't on our Saz's head its a NOPE.

Portugal - Nope

Tennessee - Nope

Texas - Nope

On 7/29/2018 at 5:53 PM, notsmokinjo said:

Rained a couple of hours after I posted my response and it seems like it has been raining on and off ever since so...

Nth Carolina - Yep

• Like 2

Ok I think this will be our final update:

Update:

Ayrshire - Yep

Canada - Nope

California - Nope

Glasgow - Yep

Kent - Yep

Liverpool - Yep

Long Island - Nope

Melbourne - Yep

New Orleans (well Saz's corner) - Nope, but a few blocks over yep, but because it wasn't on our Saz's head its a NOPE.

Nth Carolina - Yep

Portugal - Nope

Tennessee - Nope

Texas - Nope

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, johnny5 said:

Rained a couple of hours after I posted my response and it seems like it has been raining on and off ever since so...

Nth Carolina - Yep

Why did I always think you lived in California - lol!

• Haha 2