Nearly 7 months

farmgirl

Hey all,

Last I checked in here, I was a day past 6 months quit.  I was having some momentary cravings here and there, and now I can say with all honesty that I've had zero cravings since around the 6 month mark.  The other day, I was standing in line at customer service at the grocery store, and the people in front of me were getting a million money orders or whatever, and I had a bucketload of ice cream in my cart and a 6 year old whining to go home, and I looked at my brand of cigarettes behind the counter as I was seething with grumpiness, and I thought "If I bought one of those packs and smoked a cigarette, I'd want to throw up at how disgusting it would taste."  And I felt a gross dryness in my throat and nearly gagged.  My have times changed...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2018 at 6:54 PM, farmgirl said:

I looked at my brand of cigarettes behind the counter as I was seething with grumpiness, and I thought "If I bought one of those packs and smoked a cigarette, I'd want to throw up at how disgusting it would taste."  And I felt a gross dryness in my throat and nearly gagged.  My have times changed...

Hi Farmgirl,

What is key to getting your permanent quit, is the realization that whatever benefit you used to think smoking would give you, was in reality nothing but a lie the addiction created in your brain. Internalize this truth, and keep it in mind whenever you may have a trigger in the future.

Your reaction to seeing your brand of cigarettes in a stressful situation, shows that your quit is healthy and strong.

Good for you, keep going !!!

Once you arrive at your 1 year anniversary, you will have confronted most of your triggers, and your sense of freedom will be terrific !!!

Cristóbal

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fab said:

Well done mate!

i don’t drop in often either but when I do I’m keen to see how your going. 

7 months awesome! It’s 7 for me today. 

7????

Good to see you Fab...and well done on your fabulous 7 months free !!!

• Like 2