Sleep and obsession

I know I've read about people getting insomnia, some people sleeping more, it is crazy how different people can react. I am on the sleeping side. I am absolutely exhausted when I quit. Every time. I usually end up calling in to work on Day 3 because I literally feel like I Cannot move. I can sleep all day and all night. 

Now, I know that I have low Vitamin D which means that I am sleepy anyway. I've been taking my vitamins and hoping it helps me to combat the sleepiness. I am sipping on my cranberry juice and trying to snack here and there to keep my blood sugar up. My eyes still feel so heavy! I slept 9.5 hrs the last 2 nights and I was still late to work because I just could not get moving.

I cannot believe it's only been 1 day and 19.5 hours, but who's counting anyway, right? Time distortion is the worst! All I can think about is not smoking. I don't even want to smoke, but I keep reading and reading and reading other's experiences. I need to work! 

• Like 2

I counted fifteen minute increments for the first week, and a bit. I was lucky I had a job where I could choose to do pointless repetitive tasks that didn't need me to think. I made graphs of my emotions and the number of craves and how many times I thought about smoking... I was slightly insane, then I have insomnia anyway so that was worse and I had endless hours all night to do my graphs and charts. But it gets easier, you know this, deep breath... and set small work goals and just push through until the task is done... then reward yourself with a quick five minutes reading... then on to the next task... when its finished, reward yourself with a little bit of reading. It works.

You are doing so well, keep it up.

• Like 1

Exercise ?

Invigorating showers ?

Vit B12 ? and lots of it.

Are you overloading on caffeine ?  Don't.

Quitting smoking heightens the effect of caffeine.

Willful determination ?

Wake yourself up after 8 hours, too much sleep begets too much sleep.

Your quit looks great on you Sneaky one, hold on.  Things will get much better by and by.

You will have to trust us on this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I felt tired early in my quit as well ST! I remember I couldn't wait until bedtime each night because I was just exhausted from battling the cravings and the what seemed like constant urge to smoke. And yes, time distortion was the worst. Time seemed to be standing still during those early days. This is where I had to just dig deep and rely on my unwavering commitment :)

That worked and here I am today. Smoking .... doesn't interest me in the least. You CAN do it. We all have it within us to do it. Just want it badly enough to put up with the early days of adjustment. You will get there just as we all do.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, SneakyTurtle said:

I know I've read about people getting insomnia, some people sleeping more, it is crazy how different people can react. I am on the sleeping side. I am absolutely exhausted when I quit. Every time. I usually end up calling in to work on Day 3 because I literally feel like I Cannot move. I can sleep all day and all night. 

My energy levels fluctuated wildly during the first month of my quit.  I felt like I was dragging around for the first week or so.  Then right around the midpoint of my second week, I felt more energetic than I had in quite some time before that.

Hang in there Sneaky Turtle.  You may find yourself surprised by how good you feel in a relatively short amount of time.