I have noticed a lot of people who hopped off the Quit Train jumping back on in the past few weeks.

This is awesome.

So for those of you out there who in the past few weeks have tossed the smokes and taken up the challenge to quit again I just wanted you to know we have your back and are so happy that you have decided to quit again.

Welcome Back.

May this be your sticky quit.

My you learn from your last quit (however short or long it was) and take those lessons with you to help you KTQ.

My you have a long future ahead of you as a non-smoker.

giving-up-quotes-never-give-up-quotes-gi

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 13

Always this. Whether it is a slip or a relapse, if you are ready to go again we're here. Learn, share your experience and let's help one another fight the tough times and celebrate the good. 

• Like 11

Dear fellow addicts,

There is no shame in failure, only an opportunity to learn.

Personal responsibility is one thing and you must, of course, own your success or your relapse

but, please remember we are dealing with ADDICTION which is outside most of our consciousnesses.

The first part of any successful quit is admitting an addiction to nicotine

and we must learn and understand all we can in order to put it down.

According to The National Institute on Drug Abuse,

"Addiction is defined as a chronic, relapsing brain disease that is characterized by compulsive drug seeking and use, despite harmful consequences.

It is considered a brain disease because drugs change the brain—they change its structure and how it works.

These brain changes can be long-lasting, and can lead to the harmful behaviors seen in people who abuse drugs.

Quitting smoking may not be a walk in the park but, it will bring you physical and emotional benefits that are astounding.

It is not impossible.  You will live through any discomfort. 

We all quit and we may think of ourselves as Super men and women but, we are just like you. Nicotine addicts.

I encourage you to put this dangerous and deadly addiction to rest and start enjoying your freedom, your newfound confidence, your beautiful life.

love,

S

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I often wonder why I chose January 29th 2017 to quit smoking. The answer is, I have no idea. What I do know is that was the right time for me! Why was the time right? I have no clue about that either. My point is that on Jan, 29th 2017 ..... MY time was right! For whatever reason I was able to cement my quit and have so far extended it to this point.

What is the right time for YOU to quit? I have no idea and you may not either but that shouldn't ever stop you from trying. This could very well be the right time for your life long quit. Don't miss that opportunity. Many remain here in this community because it gave so much to us as we crafted our quits and we want nothing more than to do the same for all of you. Whether it be your first attempt or your 4th or 5th attempt, we are here to do whatever we can to support you so gather your resolve and jump in! Nothing to lose and everything to gain :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Never give up...trying to give up..

What have you got to lose ....nothing ....but everything to gain...

This is a killer addiction....

Smoking has killed more people ...than all the wars have....

These are  good folks ..loved ones ..taken far to early...

Don't just become a number ...

A little discomfort... For a while ...is better than a smoking related illness ..or worse...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Great thread jo, I agree with all the above and also want to welcome back all you quitters. I truly believe that being a member of a forum and having the support of fellow quitters all over the world is the reason for my success. The daily NOPES, the investing in others quits and having others invested in mine helped hold me accountable. I highly recommend joining a support forum if for nothing more than to NOPE each day. And you never know, you just may end up with some lasting friendships, a couple of laughs and a lifelong quit :)

Edited by jillar
  • Like 10

• 4 months later...

Think this needs a bump.... also... this time of year is hard in the early days of a quit, there are functions and parties all the time for the festive season... often someone who has quit will slip up during this time while out celebrating with friends and have a smoke and throw away their quit.... Its right to feel bad about it, all that hard work lost, all that effort up in smoke... it is right to be disappointing in yourself BUT don't beat yourself up too much... it is a very rare bread of smoker who is able to quit successfully on their very first go.... most of us have failed quits under our belts, some only a few hours old, some days, weeks, months or even years... but you know what you do... you get back on the quit train as soon as you.... you learn from your failed quit... what triggered you to smoke, how or what you could have done to avoid it and you don't make that mistake again... doesn't mean you wont make more mistakes, just learn from the ones you do... take those lessons, remember how wonderful your success felt and remember how low failing felt... pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the Quit Train.... we have a seat here with your name on it.... we want you to come back... we want you to try again... so please do, please come back... take if from someone who wait well more than a decade to quit again after throwing away a really long quit.... the sooner you quit again the easier and better for you.

NEVER GIVE UP GIVING UP!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/10/2018 at 3:08 AM, notsmokinjo said:

Think this needs a bump.... also... this time of year is hard in the early days of a quit, there are functions and parties all the time for the festive season... often someone who has quit will slip up during this time while out celebrating with friends and have a smoke and throw away their quit.... Its right to feel bad about it, all that hard work lost, all that effort up in smoke... it is right to be disappointing in yourself BUT don't beat yourself up too much... it is a very rare bread of smoker who is able to quit successfully on their very first go.... most of us have failed quits under our belts, some only a few hours old, some days, weeks, months or even years... but you know what you do... you get back on the quit train as soon as you.... you learn from your failed quit... what triggered you to smoke, how or what you could have done to avoid it and you don't make that mistake again... doesn't mean you wont make more mistakes, just learn from the ones you do... take those lessons, remember how wonderful your success felt and remember how low failing felt... pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on the Quit Train.... we have a seat here with your name on it.... we want you to come back... we want you to try again... so please do, please come back... take if from someone who wait well more than a decade to quit again after throwing away a really long quit.... the sooner you quit again the easier and better for you.

NEVER GIVE UP GIVING UP!

I like the line, "every time you quit, you get a little better at it." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1