New here! Very excited!

Hello my name is Justine and I just joined tonight. I have tried to quit many times and even though I still consider myself young,28, I realize that I have already been smoking for 10 years which makes me cringe. I have a 4 year old son who also has asked me to quit. Between myself knowing all the health risks and wanting to become the healthiest I can be and my son I know I can do this but I joined because I know having support from people who understand is going to help me succeed. I haven't had a cigarette since yesterday afternoon and already craving but been doing things to distract myself from thinking about it. Thank you to the people I have already conversed with and all the ones to come! I look forward to this journey. 

• Like 6

Hello Justine, welcome to Quit Train.

Congratulations on the best decision of your life (well at least in the top 5). You've taken the right step by joining. The forums have a lot to offer by means of knowledge, information and most importantly, support. And yes, that is crucial and the difference between an attempt and a successful quit at times.

I wish you the best of luck on your journey, and please shout out in case you need anything.

• Like 4

Hellooo and welcome Justine great to have you on board. I seen your other post and all the great advice you received .. so just wanted to say Hi & Jillars air cig was a big help for me in my early days and lost of boiled / chewy/ sooky sweeties.. There are lots of great people here to help you along the way so use us cos we've all been there..?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Justine1990 said:

Hello my name is Justine and I just joined tonight. I have tried to quit many times and even though I still consider myself young,28, I realize that I have already been smoking for 10 years which makes me cringe. I have a 4 year old son who also has asked me to quit. Between myself knowing all the health risks and wanting to become the healthiest I can be and my son I know I can do this but I joined because I know having support from people who understand is going to help me succeed. I haven't had a cigarette since yesterday afternoon and already craving but been doing things to distract myself from thinking about it. Thank you to the people I have already conersed with and all the ones to come! I look forward to this journey. 

Hello Justine,

Welcome to our merry band of non smokers/nicotine free creatures.

You have made one of the best decisions of your life  and your son's life to quit smoking yesterday.

Already your body has begun it's magical repair and each crave you beat, another neuro-transmitter in your brain is claimed back from Nicotine's control.

Reward yourself frequently, this helps your brain remember what pleasure really is,

and it is NOT nicotine.

You may find this thread helpful

10 ways to effectively use this forum

Please, post a lot and let us get to know you, your experience is invaluable, and congratulations on your quit, now go have some fun !

• Like 2

Welcome to QuitTrain, Justine. 

Quitting smoking can be challenging but it is very doable.  It is also one of the best things you can do for yourself, family, and loved ones.  I'm glad you made the decision to quit as it will be a very rewarding one for you.  Keep us posted on your progress and reach out if you need help.  You are making a great choice by leaving cigarettes behind.

Welcome Justine! The Quit Train has been a huge help in keeping my quit, especially in the earliest days...Support is outstanding.  Cutting a straw to cigarette size and using that while driving and in stressful situations was a real help for me. The daily NOPE pledge is also a big help.

Congratulations on your quit. Look forward to seeing you!!

Hey Justine whats up lad.

Stick around the forum, read all the info and stick to nope daily.

Prepare for the ride of your life and the best thing you can do right now.

Stay strong. Respect.

Welcome aboard Justine....

Congrats on the fabulous decision to take your life back....

I wish I had done it at your age...read all you can here...education.... Knowledge.... This will be your weapon....

Looking forward to getting to know you better...

Justine, you show a lot more wisdom than many folk here, particularly myself in quitting at an early age. I left it so many years. 

This is really one of the best things you can do for yourself and your son. Picture yourself as his role model growing up and how you can set him a good example and how you can speak to him as a voice of experience as he grows. 

Stay strong, read plenty and ask for help from our community any time you feel you need it. 

Hi and welcome Zee..

Good to see  you...same rules apply...buckle up and read till your eyes bleed.!!!

There are heaps of videos to watch too...they cover most of your questions or fears !!

Join in the NOPE thread...it's a great tool ..and keeps you motivated ...

• Like 1