SOS -

Giveintowin

Dont smoke lad, you will regret it the moment you take that puff. Keep fighting the good fight. Remember, this thing kills!! Your half way there, keep at it, strong. Respect.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Lust4Life said:

GITW - thanks for posting the SOS & giving us the heads up to run to your side.   I’m so sorry about your injuries!   You have plenty of life left to live.   You mentioned giving up on improving yourself. I know this thought is temporary.  How about being adamant in not making yourself worse??  Smoking as you know, is detrimental to healing, circulation, bone & muscle health.   Do not give in!! KTQ you have fought like h$ll to win!  You got this! 

Thanks L4L. You are right about how hard I fought to quit. Thanks for reminding me. ?

• Like 3

GITW -- I think you are doing the right thing by posting here.  It shows courage and well as admitting that you need help with this, I believe we all do.  I won't go into any long stories but I fully understand where you are coming from.  At present I am refusing a 2nd back surgery and just learning to deal with the pain and manage it naturally.  The one thing I know is that smoking will only make it worse -- you need that oxygen to help heal and manage the pain.  I know it is hard place to be in and I also felt smoking would help but thought long and hard and realized that it would only make it worse -- both physically and mentally.  Keep it going you are doing awesome, we are all behind you on this.  And Jo  thanks for all of your strength that you show us all -- Keep Up the Good Fight!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I hope you're feeling better today givein and I'm so glad you care about yourself and your quit enough to post an SOS. It's awesome that all these fine folks were there for you :)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Giveintowin said:

I'm having a tough time digesting some news about the injuries from my car accident and my head keeps telling me that somehow smoking will make this better. I've worked very hard for this quit, please help.

Bookmark this, that is that moment. And you fought it off Bravo! Smoking at that moment is basically saying F-IT and not worth it

• Like 3

GITW _ I hope that you are well past the moment that brought you to need for this SOS now. I have been reading posts of yours for a long time now, and I am sure that you know well that smoking will not change a thing regarding your recent medical finding after the car accident. You have worked incredibly hard at your quit. I was amazed at all the steps that you took to ensure your previous quit got off to a good start. I have no doubt that if you were to allow yourself to relapse, that you would soon start another quit. You know what that would be like. It would be such a shame to put yourself through that again, and you know that you would. Keep the quit you have. You worked so hard for it.

Edited by Joe7
  • Like 5

Wow.  What an incredible thread, G.

All the troops are behind you a zillion percent.

As you know, as Jo knows, as ALL of us know, smoking will not make one thing better.

Smoking will kill us and make our lives miserable and more misery is not needed.

I am so glad you posted, so empowered to see your post and QTrain's response. 

We have a marvelous community, smart and soulful.

Don't ever ever feel you are winging or just having a pity party...all your feelings, all our feelings are important and together we can face them honestly and put our minds to postive solutions.

Thank you for posting, G.  Thank you for being here for so many others.

Thank you for quitting smoking.

Please take great care of yourself.  Rewards are needed, treat yourself to something really good, something that will remind you of how far you have come.  Celebrate your successful quit.

Every moment. 

Your ally,

S

• Like 4

I'm sorry I'm late...

I'm will explain all later.... For now ,can I just add..smoking  is never going to help...its a lie we told ourselves as addicts...

Life throws us some crap curve balls ...and the first thing we think of is a smoke...

Folks who have never lit up have crappy times too...

Risking killing ourselves ,is not the answer ....facing the problem head on ..without the added worry of nicotine withdrawal is the answer....

It took this addict 52 years to finally get this....

Please keep your precious quit....this is the most wonderful thing for your health you can do for yourself...

Hugs xxx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You did a great job in posting an SOS, GITW.  I'm sorry for all that you are going through but as everyone here knows, lighting up a cigarette will only make things worse.

Please don't smoke.  You have an awesome quit going.  Nothing is worth throwing that away.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doreensfree said:

I'm sorry I'm late...

I'm will explain all later.... For now ,can I just add..smoking  is never going to help...its a lie we told ourselves as addicts...

Life throws us some crap curve balls ...and the first thing we think of is a smoke...

Folks who have never lit up have crappy times too...

Risking killing ourselves ,is not the answer ....facing the problem head on ..without the added worry of nicotine withdrawal is the answer....

It took this addict 52 years to finally get this....

Please keep your precious quit....this is the most wonderful thing for your health you can do for yourself...

Hugs xxx

^^^^ Thanks D! This is a great post and tells it like it is. Deal with what ever issues you may face in life without smoking. If you go back to smoking, you're just avoiding the issues you are facing. How is that helping you?

Hugs and support to GITW and Jo who are both facing significant health issues during their quits. Huge respect to both :18_kissing_heart:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I can only imagine what the injuries were snd what it would be like hearing the news.

I am guessing you are thinking stuff like, "what does it even matter if I smoke? F*** it, I am messed up anyways."

Here is why it DOES matter -

So far you likely dodged a bullet by quitting tobacco. Would you really want to go back to smoking and at some point in the future have some doctor explain that you have a smoking related illness?

You know, personally I hate those little bastards, the cigarettes that is. They just screw up our health and make us stink to high heaven. They suck.

The nicodemon sees you are weak and is trying to worm his way back in during this crucial time. Tell it to go back to hell and starve.

You do NOT want to say in the near future,

"Well i have this and that injury and on top of that i started smoking again, i wish i had not".

You are 8 1/2 months into your quit. There is no reason to pick it back up. none.

• Like 7

Hey Chook... just wanted to pop in and make sure your traveling better now... I hope your recovering from your accident and the shock of the news regarding your neck. We are here and super proud you posted your SOS and kept your quit.

Well just wanted you to know you were being thought of.

• Like 5

Hi @Giveintowin hope your travelling well and starting to feel a bit better with everything post accident. You have been in my thoughts and the best thing I saw online this week was your lovely NOPE earlier today. Hope all has been well in Sydney and with you. That Lido deck is getting closer.

• Like 3

Keep NOPEing @Giveintowin. Good on you for posting an SOS. Every now and then I still get a ridiculous though about throwing in the towel but they are getting rarer and rarer.  It's amazing how persistent the nicotine addiction is but many people break free and you are one of them!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am new at this and have only made it a day and one half.  Right now I am thinking it will take a tremendous amount of courage to get to the point you have.  Hang tough and know that I will pray for your strength and the wisdom of the doctors who can help you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

I am new at this and have only made it a day and one half.  Right now I am thinking it will take a tremendous amount of courage to get to the point you have.  Hang tough and know that I will pray for your strength and the wisdom of the doctors who can help you!

You are making it through the roughest days, Linda.  Do hang tough.  You are doing a great thing and we have all been through what you are going through now.  Believe us when we say that what you are going through now is temporary and things do get better. 

Try to read some posts on here people have made talking about improvements they have seen in their lives that resulted from quitting smoking.  There are a lot of positives that do come, with time, from quitting.  I know it is tough at this stage but try to focus on reasons you want to quit and how much better off you will be as a non-smoker. 

You are making a tough, but awesome, life change right now.  Stay tough and be proud of what you are doing.

• Like 3