Sunday July 1 2018

Whispers

Morning to all in the land of NOPE. Half a year done people, where did it go, not up in smoke that's for sure. So... July... in Australia is Dry July... meh, and JulEYE where we are reminded to have our eyes checked because 75% of vision loss is preventable... meh... Yanky Doodles get it... July is ICE CREAM Month..... and the first of July is Creative Ice Cream Flavour Day.... I vote for vegemite icecream.... I have the recipe if anyone wants it.... but besides creative ice cream day it is also Canada Day... where the Canadians get to celebrate the fact theya re a seperate country than England. I'm not sure how they celebrate it, bacon and maple syrup?? or like Aussies with a BBQ, beers, lots of flag clothing and fireworks.

Celebrating the liberal and forward Canada = YEP!

Having a ciggie = NOPE!!!

google-if-you-die-in-canada-do-if-you-di

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Morning to all in the land of NOPE. Half a year done people, where did it go, not up in smoke that's for sure. So... July... in Australia is Dry July... meh, and JulEYE where we are reminded to have our eyes checked because 75% of vision loss is preventable... meh... Yanky Doodles get it... July is ICE CREAM Month..... and the first of July is Creative Ice Cream Flavour Day.... I vote for vegemite icecream.... I have the recipe if anyone wants it.... but besides creative ice cream day it is also Canada Day... where the Canadians get to celebrate the fact theya re a seperate country than England. I'm not sure how they celebrate it, bacon and maple syrup?? or like Aussies with a BBQ, beers, lots of flag clothing and fireworks.

Celebrating the liberal and forward Canada = YEP!

Having a ciggie = NOPE!!!

google-if-you-die-in-canada-do-if-you-di

In real life and back to the addiction of smoking,  july 1st is 4 years my mother has passed . Lung cancer had taken her, the nope thread has gone in a direction that is away from the reason we're all here. Addiction to nicotine, lets get back on topic. I know you're funny but these passive aggressive posts will just scare away any new members from joining  . I'd put that stuff in that other thread and to the newbies and lurkers we're serious about helping and kicking the habit.. Not One Puff Ever...  I'll share her words, quit because you want to and don't wait until you have to (like she did)  RIP MOM..

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about your mom @Whispers and my thoughts are with you today.

I understand that after only 4 years your pain is still very raw but please remember @notsmokinjo is working on her quit the same as the rest of us if you are not happy with something perhaps a pm would have be more appropriate, don't you think ? 

I'll do a separate NOPE ...

Edited by Wee fluffy me
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Wee fluffy me said:

Sorry to hear about your mom @Whispers and my thoughts are with you today.

I understand that after only 4 years your pain is still very raw but please remember @notsmokinjo is working on her quit the same as the rest of us if you are not happy with something perhaps a pm would have be more appropriate, don't you think ? 

I'll do a separate NOPE ...

That thought didn't even cross my mind of a PM, i was just trying to put the pledge back on track. I guess this is what you're referring to? "I know you're funny but these passive aggressive posts will just scare away any new members from joining  . I'd put that stuff in that other thread and to the newbies and lurkers we're serious about helping and kicking the habit.."   My view was newbies reading it and getting turned off. Thank you wee for your thoughts today...

One last NOPE for today!

@Whispers, where the hell do you get off trying to censor what people post in their own nope or by trying to dictate the style in which they do it? And just how is your claim of caring about an inclusive environment consistent with your confrontational posts of the past couple of days?

If you have a problem with a post I suggest you are specific with what is troubling you otherwise it's simply a petulant act of someone who is old enough to know better.

As for the comment about the meds, that was a cheap shot and an unnecessary and contemptible betrayal.  I'm angry that you have made this site that kind of place.

@Whispershappy 4th July.

Does that make it all better? No thought not.

Edited by Sslip

2 hours ago, Sslip said:

@Whispers, where the hell do you get off trying to censor what people post in their own nope or by trying to dictate the style in which they do it? And just how is your claim of caring about an inclusive environment consistent with your confrontational posts of the past couple of days?

If you have a problem with a post I suggest you are specific with what is troubling you otherwise it's simply a petulant act of someone who is old enough to know better.

As for the comment about the meds, that was a cheap shot and an unnecessary and contemptible betrayal.  I'm angry that you have made this site that kind of place.

@Sslip who the hell do you think you are? I didn't make this site a place like that but you are with a post like this. A shot was taken and i took a shot back but that's none of your business. I cant remember one positive post with any substance or depth about quitting smoking from you. You're just a creep who comes on here to play the games from what i see. Here you go GO F YOURSELF and thanks for taking the anniversary date of a death and being the piece of sh!t that you sound like. I have faith in karma so you'll get yours , cyber bully dipshit