Can't believe it. Almost 1.5 years down the drain.

That's what I thought when I opened my eyes this morning. I haven't had a smoking dream in quite some time and man, was it realistic. I hardly remember that I smoked most of the time, so it was a bit unsettling.

But as lame as smoking dreams are, the realization that it's just a dream is always great. :)

• Like 9

My sister who is an ex smoker (quit probably 30 years ago) explained smoking dreams like no one on here has -

She said it is like having the satisfaction of smoking without the consequences.

I think some people who have never even smoked have smoking dreams sometimes.

I know when I have them, it is like i am smoking a ton more than humanly possible.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I've had one or not as I rarely remember my dreams. Haven't remembered any dreams at all since I quit smoking actually.

Not sure whether it would be blissful or scary as hell if I did have one. Perhaps the context of the dream would determine that?

I had a dream recently and it took me by surprise and that’s why I came back to read the boards. It was just as vivid as the dreams that I had when I first quit. I woke up with that horrible guilt. When I realized it was only a dream a wave of relief hit me. I haven’t read the threads and pledged in a few months, the dream was my call back, I guess. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Devil Doll said:

I had a dream recently and it took me by surprise and that’s why I came back to read the boards. It was just as vivid as the dreams that I had when I first quit. I woke up with that horrible guilt. When I realized it was only a dream a wave of relief hit me. I haven’t read the threads and pledged in a few months, the dream was my call back, I guess. 

Wow DD...it just goes to show how insidious this horrible addiction is...

Years after you quit ,that nico monster still comes knocking..

Giving yourself a refresh is hopefully the boost you need...

PS....Really good to see you back...your knowledge will be a massive support to the newbies ....

My experience with smoking dreams, and it might be typical?  -

In the dream, smoking feels the way we imagine in waking life when we get hit with a crave. You know how we think it will be awesome (yet know better).

In the dreams we are aware that we are relapsing but do not care, like it is no big deal.

Upon wakening, there is worry and a rush of guilt like, "Did I give up my quit so easy? How could I be so stupid?" Once we wake enough to realize it was just a dream it is a relief. Strangely enough, it is the same kind of relief we felt as smokers when we lit up again.

The good news though is that we do not have craves just because of a silly dream. So basically if someone does have a smoking dream, worry not because it won;t ruin your quit in any way.

• Like 3