Jumping in to the quitting water!

Missyp187

Oh yes.... eat eat eat... I think I spent the first two months just grazing lol, dont worry about it, just try to graze on sugar free and fruit as much as you can. Be kind to yourself, if you can have  a nap, then do so, you will feel quite tired in the first few days or weeks. I used to get an early night when I could and listen to relaxing sleep music to help me relax.

Don't forget a small reward at the end of each week or month done, it's great to when you can afford those little treats .

Stay strong

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sslip said:

Missy, completely normal. 

You will experience a number of feelings, emotions and triggers and you can expect them to hit you fairly frequently in the early days of your quit. 

There's no need to over analyse them. Just know at the moment you should try to tune into what your body is telling you need and that you have suppressed in the past with cigarettes.

HALT is a common acronym. 

Hungry/thirsty - Start with cold water, fruit juice to keep blood sugar up or hard/boiled sweets. Have plenty of fruit on hand if you can. 

Angry - shout, scream, punch a pillow

Lonely/bored - find a distraction, reading, posting and playing games here are good 

Tired - Get a nap if you can

There are some good posts on the subject that I can't do justice to here, but hopefully you can follow this link

Be really kind to yourself because what you are doing is awesome. 

Ah yes I’m certainly approaching angry this evening ?

1 hour ago, catlover said:

Oh yes.... eat eat eat... I think I spent the first two months just grazing lol, dont worry about it, just try to graze on sugar free and fruit as much as you can. Be kind to yourself, if you can have  a nap, then do so, you will feel quite tired in the first few days or weeks. I used to get an early night when I could and listen to relaxing sleep music to help me relax.

Don't forget a small reward at the end of each week or month done, it's great to when you can afford those little treats .

Stay strong

giphy.gif

Grazing haha yes that’s exactly how I’d describe it! Very snappy and short fused this evening aswell. The hardest day so far definitely ?

• Like 2

You're doing awesome Missy and just like everyone has said what you are going through is completely normal. Unfortunately the only way past it is to go through it. BUT once you get past it you NEVER have to deal with it again! Yippee!!! :) 

• Like 3

Distraction is the key. I spent so much time on here in the very early days ( still do lol) but I found being on here or youtube just kept my mind occupied. A good film helped too, and when it got too much, I went to bed...... cant light up there haha.

Its normal what you are going through, but as Jillar said, you just got to go through it, it will be sooooooooooo worth it, stick with it , you have done it 2 days now, just do another day....one day at a time gets you there :91_thumbsup:

• Like 3

Welcome aboard Missy.  Congratulations on choosing freedom.

I don't have much to add to the advice you've already received.  However, I will say the same thing I say to every new quitter: KEEP IT SIMPLE.  The primary objective of the quit is quitting.  Whatever happens...don't smoke.  Folks who simply refused to smoke regardless of what life or the addiction threw at them have a 100% success rate.  It really is that simple.

Enjoy the ride.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1