Introducing myself

Hello everybody thank you for having me! I quit smoking on June 11, 2018 and so far it has not been too bad. I have had one other successful quit in my life that lasted for six years. I am using Chantix and it is helping tremendously! The first time I quit I had a group that I could connect with during my quit and I’m glad that I could find another.

• Like 12

Hey Silver, glad to see you on board.

With a previous 6 year quit under your belt you obviously know what it takes. Congratulations on near two weeks quit this time round.

I'd recommend consistent use of the daily nope thread and lots of reading, posting, water and sleep. With the more you post, the better we get to know you and it can help to get a clue if at any point you are struggling.

Settle in and look forward to seeing you around. 

• Like 7

Welcome aboard and thank you for taking this journey with us.  As you stated this is not your first rodeo so you know what to expect though each quit can present with some difference.  Just remember to come here often for research, help, or just to have some fun -- and remember that daily "NOPE" pledge, it truly has helped me.

• Like 4

Welcome to QuitTrain, Silver.  I'm sorry to hear that you lost a six year quit but stick around here.  You can make this your final quit and be smoke free for good.  There's a lot of support and fun to be found on this site.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Martian5 said:

Welcome aboard and thank you for taking this journey with us.  As you stated this is not your first rodeo so you know what to expect though each quit can present with some difference.  Just remember to come here often for research, help, or just to have some fun -- and remember that daily "NOPE" pledge, it truly has helped me.

Right now I’m just trying to figure out how to work this site! I don’t even know if this is the right place to be replying. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Silver2016 said:

Right now I’m just trying to figure out how to work this site! I don’t even know if this is the right place to be replying. 

You got the right place to be replying to this topic or thread that you started under "introductions".  The site is pretty easy to learn and fairly intuitive.  If you need any help just reach out and ask and you will get some help fairly soon.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Silver2016 said:

Hello everybody thank you for having me! I quit smoking on June 11, 2018 and so far it has not been too bad. I have had one other successful quit in my life that lasted for six years. I am using Chantix and it is helping tremendously! The first time I quit I had a group that I could connect with during my quit and I’m glad that I could find another.

Hey Silver,

I am coming up on my fifth year free of nicotine and very interested to hear your story about losing your quit of six years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Silver2016 said:

Yes it is and welcome about the Quit Train. I don't know what site you were with before but as far as I'm concerned, this one is pretty decent with lots of collective quit knowledge and, lots of wacky people too. Regular participation seems to be the key for most. Embrace the discomfort of your early quit because that all turns into a new found freedom, as I'm sure you know.

• Like 3

welcome Silver.

I gave up a 6+ year quit over a decade ago. Took me a long time to seriously quit again. I can honestly say this quit is a completely different kettle of fish than the previous successful one. I am finding this quit easier at 6 months than the other one was at 6 years. So... from my early days of being quit and on a forum, I would often feel weird sharing things because of the previous lost quit. Don't feel that way. Noone here judges, noone is going to sit behind their keyboard and think oh what would Silver know blah blah blah.... because its not true and I regret not commenting on things in the early days that could have helped others when I had the chance. Its a unique feeling, being early in a quit but having knowledge of being further down the track. Everything you have to add is valid.

So lots of great advice already, read up on all the facts, knowledge is power. Keep hydrated and also keep your blood sugar up. Love yourself, before you give yourself a hard time about something think about how you would respond to someone else in that position and treat yourself that way. Daily NOPE is a well worth it.

Jo

PS @Sazerac I'll post my giving up a long quit story, I think its time.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Welcome aboard Silver...

Glad you have decided to quit again....

When I read posts like yours ..it reminds me to always be on my guard....and never take another puff...

Settle in...we have fun here...yes !!!  Quitting can be fun..its not all doom and gloom...

Take our daily NOPE ....it's a great way to start each day...

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Silver, you've come to the right place.

And boy what a decision it is to kick the butt...Stay strong, please shout out if you need any help. Everyone here is absolutely amazing, and you'll get tons of support. 

Best of luck with your journey.

• Like 4