Another stab at the Devil!!!

Tammy

We have all been just where you are Tammy...giving you a helping hand...keeps us oldies ,not so oldies and newbies..to keep focused...

This is a horrible addiction that kills so many...saving as many good folks as we can...this is the reason the train keeps going !!!

You are already helping the lurkers...who just havnt jumped on yet !!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking! This is a wonderful site with great information and support. I love how you realized the only one you were fooling is yourself because the habit has control over you. It's so hard to admit that kind of stuff. You're doing great!!!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Tammy said:

if you have a craving, and don't give in, the craving lessens in intensity, till it's nothing but just a moment that passed by. 

This is a fabulous encapsulation of the long, slow process of beating this addiction back into the recesses of your mind! It is a very slow process but you will read all over this forum about how every battle you do with the nicodemon, the stronger you get and the weaker it gets. That lessening in intensity you mentioned becomes quicker and quicker the further you get into your quit. At some point, you realize that you have the upper hand on this deadly addiction and that's when True Freedom is realized :)

• Like 2

And another thing you can do if you find yourself with a craving and nothing to take you mind off it is to go play some of the games on the games page. Many have spent endless hours occupying themselves and beating back their addiction in the process on that page.

I would just stay away from the "Chicks or Sticks Game" if I were you. It's more of a "guys" game :)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

I would just stay away from the "Chicks or Sticks Game" if I were you. It's more of a "guys" game :)

Typical stick reply Tammy, the chicks could always use a helping hand to put these sticks in their place lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1