In real life, do people know when they are hated?

JB 883

More specifically, people that we hate but cannot avoid. Like a boss at work.

The supervisor in my dept is pretty much the most despised person to ever set foot in the place and has been for years.

It is so bad it is like this -

You know when hated person shows up and people go, "Oh jeeze, IT is here".

I think when she comes to work she goes, "Oh Jeeze, *I* am here". Like she even hates her own presence at work.

When she calls off, things go smoother. We can work in peace, smile, maybe enjoy a laugh or two. Higher productivity, higher morale. All because when IT calls off, it is not in the way, not pissing people off, not walking around with that black storm cloud of misery hovering. It is like the second someone laughs or smiles, she steps around the G.D. corner with this scowl on her face like she caught you digging through her billfold. Might the f*** well just say, "There will be NO smiling or laughing during my watch!" Bitch.

Now folks, hear this - when i first quit smoking, my biggest concern was, "OK, what happens when "it" pisses me off at work?" But "it" wasn't enough to cause relapse so I have NO concerns that anything else could. No sure how... But back to the point -

With such people, do they know that everyone pretty much hates them? Do they know that if they fell off the face of the earth, people would say, "Good riddance, now we can work in peace". If they do know, do they enjoy the fact that their presence ruins everyone else's day? if so, why?

Edited by Jetblack

I'm sort of in Jillar's camp of thought here. Its like in To Kill A Mockingbird ... you should never judge another until you have walked a mile in their shoes... you don't know what burdens or horrors she's living with... it doesn't give her the right to be a psycho b1tch at work but for all you know she goes home to some horror you can't even imagine... Maybe just slap on a sugar sweet voice and go out of your way to say Hi and ask her if she is OK or if she had a good weekend. Noone would enjoy being universally hated, but maybe she doesn't know how else to act.