Weekend hospital stay, but home now

joe

I have sent a few pm's to some members about my weekend follies, and I am not too good about getting back to them in a timely manner...so I first want to say, "sorry" to those of you who asked to be kept in the loop...

here it it is in a nutshell...(you all know I talk too much to keep it short...lol)

occasionally my heart takes off racing and I get light headed ... There is no pattern to it, and it isn't very often, but it still happens and though I haven't passed out, I have come close...(everything gets dark for a second)..  Like I said, it happens random and I usually don't say anything when it does because it passes in less than 30 seconds...things come back into focus and my heart slows down and I go about my business....well,... My wife has noticed it lately (one attack happened while driving home from the OBX), and insisted I go to the Dr. ... I agreed because I was going to prove to her nothing as wrong (typical response ;) ).. Doc prescribed an even monitor that records my heart beat, and any time I felt anything I was to push a button and it would send a report to him...on day 2 I thought I felt something odd, so I pushed the button (mind you...it was NO WHERE near the intensity I have normally felt)... A short time later Doc calls my cell and tells me I need to get to the ER...not an emergency , but serious and I live in a small town and he didn't think I could get into a cardiologist on a Friday on that short of notice...so off to the ER I go, only to be transferred to a bigger hospital (even the ER doesn't have a cardiologist on duty on the weekend....) So off to Toledo I go (by ambulance. :40_rage: ) and spend Friday night there going through a bunch of tests... I was able to come home Saterday night after all tests were done and read. 

Stress test, echo cardiograph , all blood work etc came back good..during the stress test my heart would "double beat" every 3rd beat, but as long as it didn't continue they were not worried about it. (The event monitor recorded a string of 16 beats that was "double beating") when your heart beats too fast, blood doesn't circulate and that's by I get dizzy and almost pass out when it happens...anyhow..

i guess I have.... V--Tach?.. Ventricular Tachycardia .....

Doc prescribed a drug and I'm to continue to wear the monitor for awhile, but hopefully this takes care of it and I can start running marathons...ok...never done that before and don't plan too, but hopefully things will go back to (a new) normal...

sorry to to those I didn't get back too...got home late Saterday and my girls were here Sunday, and with screwing around in a hospital most of the weekend, I didn't get anything done around the house I had planned, so I worked late last night to salvage some of the weekend work I planned....

Edited by joe
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Dear Joe (The Patriarch of Joe's plus One House of Estrogen), 

Glad The Quacks didn't keep you for too long.

Be careful, baby. 

We don't want you passing out even during a Sticks/Chicks game.

So glad I found this!  Was about to break out the BAT light and get him and Bakon on it.  

What a scare, my friend.  Three cheers for persistent wives and compliant husbands!!  I hope the meds work their magic and the monitor indicates all is working well.  I will definitely keep you in my prayers, Joe, and please keep us posted on how you're doing.  I'll be checking!  

OXOXs to my quit buddy.

1 hour ago, Runfree said:

So glad I found this!  Was about to break out the BAT light and get him and Bakon on it.  

What a scare, my friend.  Three cheers for persistent wives and compliant husbands!!  I hope the meds work their magic and the monitor indicates all is working well.  I will definitely keep you in my prayers, Joe, and please keep us posted on how you're doing.  I'll be checking!  

OXOXs to my quit buddy.

As I said...not too good about getting back...sorry, Janet. :37_disappointed:

thre the meds are having too many side effects. (Nausea ,head ache, my heart (feels like it)beats harder, I'm dizzy...Doc said I can discontinue it...I'm not sure what the plan is next...I don't have an appointment with a cardiologist until 7/2 but I have to continue to wear  this monitor until 7/13.... 

Yes..the wife is persistent ... The only problem I got with that, is" why are they always right"...lol...

I agreed to wear it cause I knew I was going to prove to her that nothing was wrong... I just needed to eat, and drink and sleep better.... But...oh no...she had to be right...lol

keep me up to speed on your upcoming changes... They sound exciting, but you need to find a place WARMER than Alaska...really, it's not that hard...there is only a few place colder, and you found it! :) 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 1:36 PM, joe said:

As I said...not too good about getting back...sorry, Janet. :37_disappointed:

No worries.  I know now so it's cool.  I hope they find something that helps it!

On 6/23/2018 at 1:36 PM, joe said:

Yes..the wife is persistent ... The only problem I got with that, is" why are they always right"...lol...

Consider it magic, ?