Officially a former smoker

Wayne045

On my last visit to the doctor I of course get asked "Do you smoke" and even though I've told them several times over the past two years that I had quit, they took no official notice, not even a note in my file saying that I was trying to quit.   This time I was asked and answered "Just over two years quit now".   I guess this was the magic number because I saw her note in my record "former smoker".

Yay?  I guess?   Truthfully I expected more fanfare at the beginning of my quit when I proudly told them I was 2 months quit (especially from a doctor who has been telling me for years I shouldn't smoke), but I guess they were expecting a fail.   I showed them though!

Edited by Wayne045
  • Like 9

Love this Wayne, congratulations on the former smoker status :) I was lucky as I got all kinds of kudos from my Dr. when I was just about six months quit. And the funny thing is he was my new Dr. who was so mean to me on my first appointment with him that I was going to look for another Dr. But then a month after that appt. I quit and had to stay with him just to "show" him. Ironically I really like him now lol

• Like 2

Wayne, thanks for the post.  I have seen my doctor twice since I quit and she really stated that I needed to quit (blood work was not good).  Since I quit the doctor has said little even when the blood work came back she just noted that all levels normal --- no "good job" or any type of congrats.  I see her just after my  6 month mark so I will see what happens then.  By the way the doctors nurse does not even recognize the fact that I smoked.  Seems like your medical team (as well as mine) would really recognize the quit.  

• Like 2

Yes, you would think the medical community would take note when somebody quits one of the most deadly addictions on earth?  Like, maybe next time you go they say; "So Sam! How that quit smoking thing going?" You know. Keep you accountable and what not. Show a little interest/support?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Yes, you would think the medical community would take note when somebody quits one of the most deadly addictions on earth?  Like, maybe next time you go they say; "So Sam! How that quit smoking thing going?" You know. Keep you accountable and what not. Show a little interest/support?

Oh I agree...after all ...what we are achieving is a flippin amazing....

Come on all you doctor, s out there...give us that Big Pat on the Back we so deserve...

Well done Wayne...its official.... Your a beautiful non smoking peep !!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wayne045 said:

On my last visit to the doctor I of course get asked "Do you smoke" and even though I've told them several times over the past two years that I had quit, they took no official notice, not even a note in my file saying that I was trying to quit.   This time I was asked and answered "Just over two years quit now".   I guess this was the magic number because I saw her note in my record "former smoker".

Put the stamp on it!  Wayne is a free man now.

Congratulations.