There's No Place Like Home...

notsmokinjo

When you get up in the morning and realize it;s gonna take a while to brush off your car before going to work!

When you get home at night and realize, there's no place you'd rather be :)

source.gif

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

@Sslip at least its a park and not a carpark.

@Doreensfree so you've done the rounds of Melbourne .... if you had to compare it to somewhere in The UK ... ie a city or town or wotsit... what would we be... we have already worked out that New Zealand is Whales due to their shared appreciation of sheep.... and that Tasmania = Norfolk due to the "in breeding" ..... but we need to place Melbourne... Canberra is nothing like London so even though its our capital its out.... there was the suggestion that Melbourne could be London... but I think Sydney might want that crown.... so as a non-local what is your opinion... if Melbourne was somewhere in the UK where would it be.... (maybe we can be Glasgow and then the Wee's will have to give me honorary wee status).

Jo ..a hard question..I first visited Melbourne 20 years ago..I didnt compare to anywhere back here..

To me it was a totally different experience...some of it ahead of us..and some of it days gone by...a mixture.

Of course I mainly only see the touristy bits...

I loved you still have the trams going..these ended ijn Liverpool in the early fifties...

Sydney was very busy ,which did remind me of London...but again of course looking at it through tourist eyes..

We have in the past hired a car ,and travelled around Tasmania...a weird place....some of the scenery is beautiful..but the people are weird.

We found in the middle of nowhere a puppet museum ...it was a horror scene..of dead puppets all sitting around a table...

I tell you.we couldn't get out of there quick enough.just in case they placed some extra sests for us..it was scarey...

The sign just said museum this way.!!!

Just want to add..I love Melbourne...and looking forward to going back some day..

• Like 1