We Don't Like Cricket - We Love It!

notsmokinjo

So we have a baseball thread, and we have a soccer thread, and there was an ice hockey thread... its time for the 2nd most popular game in the world (true fact, but its cos Indians love it and they are 1/6th of the global popluation).

This explains what cricket is for the yanks... in it he talks about the bowl of the centuary and they watch it... being a radio show you can't see it so I have posted the visual below as well.

• Thanks 1

Bit surprised the English haven't been in here spruikin about their ODI record breaking score and flippin Trent Bridge... WTF.... the Aussies just got bent over and rheemed. Seriously WTF... all I can say is well bloody done ya pommy pricks... sing ya fricking golden bow and arrow songs and celebrate because 6/481 is unfrickin believably awesome batting...and here's the pictures of your next to knighthoods...

TELEMMGLPICT000166874308_trans_NvBQzQNjv

gettyimages-978645656.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Well the Aussie's might have had a butt whooping in the ODIs in England .... but a little Bird told me me mates from India took 10 wickets in a single session in a test match... and India pulled of 300+ scores in both innings... so where is this drumming taking place...oh Trent Bridge....its made some great listening...... :D

So @Tammy how are you enjoying it??

@Sslip with the poms playin this well you might be in for a call up.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 2

well, I'm at work, but following the commentary online, and visualising our bowlers choking the life out of Cook and Co, on which note, Jennings just got out...not a good start for the England team at all

• Haha 1

Oh so now @Tammyhas found her sledging voice has she? I do notice you were as quiet as a church mouse in the first two tests. Should we recap on those now? 

As for the ODIs I'm not worried about the third best team in the southern hemisphere or team Kohli. A one man team is bound to be fragile. ? 

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...

What a great two days .... well day and a half of cricket.... @Tammy did you see the Khawaja catch that got Kohli out??? OMG that is one of the best catches ever... and then the run out at the end of the day by Pat Cummins.... one of the best run outs you will ever see..... but have to say I haven't really noted Bumrah before and I frickin love watching him bowl.... he is so unorthodox and yet with that lazy paddock cricket run up he is bowling 140km/hr.... and its 39C out there on the Adelaide oval. Aussies might have had a great day in the field yesterday but your Indians are definitely making them earn every run out there today.... Adelaide is usually a batters wicket so its od.... Khawaja was a bit stiff getting caught behind on a ball that kissed his glove barely but out is out.

Khawaja catch:   https://youtu.be/-CFmL8aQsLCE

Pat Cummins Run Out:  https://youtu.be/2Pno4Wb2zmk

So to put the Pat Cummin's run out into perspective... he is a fast bowler (so like a pitcher but they run up... the faster the bowler the longer the run up).... it was the end of the day so they had been out there for hours.... and it was 40C... so 104F..... and this catch was the last play of the day.....amazing skill.

• Like 1

Saw the highlights since by the time I got home, it was early morning for you guys. It's not really looking good right now is it? 143 with 6 down...well, like you mentioned Adelaide is a batter's wicket so it would just need someone to stick it out for Australia.

• Like 1

So india all out 250... stumps on day two Australia 7/191..... Pujara batted like a champ and got a hard work tonne... he did most of it by himself.... real gutsy effort to be out there all day in that heat... 40C and really low hummidity is aweful... the air gets all dry and hot and it burns to breath... all those fellas (on both teams) did a smashing job to play the last two days in the heat.

• Like 2

And the spoils go to India... 31 point win ... the Aussie tail did a 10th wicket wag, just not hard enough... when we had the last wicket partnership start it was 76 runs the difference... so they put in a good effort... and considering the holes in the side and the number of inexperienced players they actually didn't do too bad. Well deserved MotM to Pujara for his work with the bat.

• Like 1

Yup was a close one, could've gone either ways...glad the boys stuck it out, but thought the bowling lacked aggression right towards the end.

Well fought Aussies, you guys did give us a scare or two in the end.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is the state of the match... we (the Aussies) are relying on rain to mean this game is a draw... have had thunder since 5am and lightening but not much rain.... not enough anyway... maybe its been more in Melbourne, I mean its nearly 40km away from me... but I have resorted to the rain dance of my people...

latest?cb=20130504113304

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Oh @reciprocity don't be confused.... Canada has a cricket team, so does the USA and The Netherlands and Afghanistan even.... but there are 3 types of cricket.. ADHD Cricket, aka 20/20.. where each team bats for 20 overs (an over is 6 bowls, kinda like pitches but requiring more technique) and fields for 20 overs.... short sweet.... and if it rains they apply the Duckworth-Lewis rule which is some convoluted maths equation to work out who won.... then there is Pajama Cricket, or One Dayers, ODI ... which is a game that lasts a day (and part of the night)... where each team gets to bat for 50 overs (assuming they don't all go out) and field for 50 overs... and if it rains they use Duckworth-Lewis.... but then there is real cricket, the classy, intelligent, strategy driven version of the game... Test cricket, where both teams wear white (well really its more cream but we call it white... because... who knows)... anyway, a test match goes for 5 days in a row... you play up to 4 innings (2 goes batting and 2 goes fielding) ... and at the end of the day 5 (if it lasts that long) you either have a winner or it is a draw... see it doesn't matter how many runs you get if you can't get the other team all out 2 times then you can't win and its a draw.... AND... if it rains...if it rains there is no Duck Worth Lewis and the game has no result and it is a draw..... so Australia is playing a test match against India... we are playing it in Australia... we are playing a series of test matches... so India has never won a series in Australia.... and they haven't won at the MCG since 1981.... we are just about to start day 5..... where Australia will need a miracle to win or draw because it is the last innings... we have 8 out (you get to have 10 out before the innings is over) AND we are down to 3 of our 4 worst batters... we call the last batters the tail end... and we are hoping ours will wag but truthfully we are hoping for rain so that play will be abandoned and we can not loose... we wont win but we wont loose... see the merrit to that... Tammy and a billion or so Indians are praying it doesn't rain so they can win......

• Confused 1

Oh and there are no foul balls... you can hit the ball behind yourself and thats ok.... oh and the diamond... is an oval and the batters are in the middle.... Hey @reciprocity whats the ruling on lighting at softball/baseball up there... down here, softball (not sure on baseball) is that once the blue sees lightening then there is no play for 3 hours.... you guys the same???

• Like 1

Umpire's discretion but visible lightning is a stop play no-brainer. Continuation of play is more murky. Normally it's a 30 min. rule after last seen lightning but that can vary depending on weather forecast and observations of weather conditions at the site of play.

• Thanks 1