hangoversquare is 3 years smoke free today!!!

johnny5

• 8 months later...

Hello guys, I remember most of you from quitsmokingmessageboard.com, belated thank you all for congratulations. Actually, it was 2 years, not 3 years celebration last June. I just decided to drop in cause I feel obligated to tell you all that I relapsed on June 19 2018, in case somebody still remembers me. At this point of my life, I'm not planning to quit but I will surely be back to quitting and to this forum in the future. Good luck everybody!

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

31 minutes ago, hangoversquare said:

Hello guys, I remember most of you from quitsmokingmessageboard.com, belated thank you all for congratulations. Actually, it was 2 years, not 3 years celebration last June. I just decided to drop in cause I feel obligated to tell you all that I relapsed on June 19 2018, in case somebody still remembers me. At this point of my life, I'm not planning to quit but I will surely be back to quitting and to this forum in the future. Good luck everybody!

You, your Future, your Freedom,

your Health, your Psyche,

your Family or your Animals

needn't wait a NY heartbeat

or, stay enthralled with the addiction.

Quit, don't be silly.  Quit now !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, quit now. Why wait? You've done it before so you can do it again. No matter what life throws at us, smoking only makes things worst, not better. Don't delay. Come back to a community of support and make a positive change in your life. Hope to see you around soon :)  

• Like 6

Thank you very much everybody.

@Whispers it's so nice you can relate man, this addiction is the hardest of all. I remember you too.

@jillar as you posted in Julie's thread, you're correct: I was two weeks behind you. I remember being envy for that early in my quit :D (in a good way + quitter's irritability).

Funny thing is, I only came here to inform of my relapse and now after reading a few threads, I'm making plans to quit again. You are the right crowd! I will keep you updated on my quit date which I feel will be really soon.

• Like 10

Sorry guys, this is a serious decision and I know myself well enough to say that I can't quit just like that, I've failed numerous times when quitting the same day when decided. I have to set a date, can't promise this week but I can say that you changed my mind here, had no intention to quit when I came here today. You are all right in saying there's no need to put it off. It's not like I'd gain something from additional years of smoking. In only 9 months after relapse, I see my addiction getting stronger every day and that's a solid reason to quit earlier. I will quit by the end of March. Again, thank you for support!!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hangoversquare said:

Sorry guys, this is a serious decision and I know myself well enough to say that I can't quit just like that, I've failed numerous times when quitting the same day when decided. I have to set a date, can't promise this week but I can say that you changed my mind here, had no intention to quit when I came here today. You are all right in saying there's no need to put it off. It's not like I'd gain something from additional years of smoking. In only 9 months after relapse, I see my addiction getting stronger every day and that's a solid reason to quit earlier. I will quit by the end of March. Again, thank you for support!!!

Look forward to seeing you again. 

I've been sitting here for half an hour thinking how hot you are and then I realised it's Paul Newman ♥️

• Haha 7

Spend your time wisely.

Educate yourself again about nicotine addiction.

Read and watch the scary films until your eyes bleed.

Make lists, why you smoke, why you want to quit.

Prepare.

Dig in some supplies.

Juices and fruit to keep your blood sugar happy.

Gum or lozenges or cinnamon sticks  to keep your mouth occupied.

Really good foods to assist your endorphins.

Think about what rewards will make a difference in your brain

and reward yourself for every crave beaten.

Start practicing deep and conscious breathing.

You can have fun on your journey.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1