World Cup Football !!!

Doreensfree

Aussies up tonight against Denmark... I think, if we win this we will make it out of the group...

8 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

?

That's what really gets me going because  90 minutes or so and only 1 goal? Watching paint dry is more entertaining ...... I'm sorry but , it's true! 

^^ yep, and with all the diving sometimes it has the credibility of wrestling... but the Aussies are in it so now I have to be committed for the whole tournament.

4 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Belgium is my tip to win. But I'm all in on the Aussies while we last and I have a soft spot for Portugal. The French annoyed me with all their fainting goat style diving the other night.

A soft spot for Portugal doesn't mean a soft spot for Ronaldo I hope, he's talented, but a sore loser...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TKS said:

A soft spot for Portugal doesn't mean a soft spot for Ronaldo I hope, he's talented, but a sore loser...

Nope, not a Ronaldo fan he seems a bit of a wanker... I have an uncle and cousin who were Portugese until they became Australians... When my uncle married my aunty and his son moved to Australia with him... soft spot created.

14 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

Nope, not a Ronaldo fan he seems a bit of a wanker... I have an uncle and cousin who were Portugese until they became Australians... When my uncle married my aunty and his son moved to Australia with him... soft spot created.

Aah, that's quite a lovely reason to have a soft spot :) 

I'm about to head home for the evening (8.20 PM here in Mumbai, and raining, gonna be a good drive home), and then it's on to the telly for the France match.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TKS said:

I'm about to head home for the evening (8.20 PM here in Mumbai, and raining, gonna be a good drive home), and then it's on to the telly for the France match.

Safe travels... crank the tunes. its going on 1am here.

15 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Safe travels... crank the tunes. its going on 1am here.

France played abysmally clumsy football, but managed to win...well, luck won't get them too far...Croatia decimated Argentina (I do feel bad for Messi). 

Lot of teams to watch out for...

• Like 1

OK.... so I've done some Soccer Maths....

For my Aussies to get out of the Group...

France has to stop surrendering and beat Denmark

Australia has to beat Peru

Australia has to score 2 more points that Peru AND 2 more points than Denmark.

Peru score again.... I'd be sayin game over Socceroos.... shitski performance.... still whinging about the ignored offside goal in the first half instead of worryin about playin the game... well done Peru... so unless there is a miracle and we can pull 4 goals out our arse and the French can get there shit together and score against the Danes there aint no way this is happening.

OH now he brings on Cahill.... first time all tournament...

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 10:32 AM, Tammy said:

She wants Portugal to win because if they do, Pork Chop will go to Aussiland and spank her good!!

(Don't worry. Once you've been here longer, you'll actually understand what I just said and why ?)

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

She wants Portugal to win because if they do, Pork Chop will go to Aussiland and spank her good!!

(Don't worry. Once you've been here longer, you'll actually understand what I just said and why ?)

Yeah well check the song thread.... Pork Chop posts a break up song, says its not about you ? and then is on about the sharing again... I think its time to stop floggin a dead horse and leave you two alone... and after he gave me false hope with the name change.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Tammy said:

Germany out, France face Argentina this weekend...I am supporting the French, but I also like the way messi plays (not in ths world cup, but otherwise). 

Conundrum, conundrum.

Let me fix the conundrum for you. Back plucky little England, we have won nothing in such a long time. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1