World Cup Football !!!

Doreensfree

Ah yes of course I heard about all that nastiness but I just never took the time to look those places up on a map. Figured it was a country squeezed into eastern Europe there somewhere but not a clue as to it's geographic location in relationship to other countries I know better.

I venture to say if I placed a world map on a wall showing only the outlines of countries, without the names, not many would be able to correctly stick a map pin in the outline of Croatia. I know I certainly wouldn't be able to which was my original point. I had to look up where Croatia was located. I see it's just east of northern Italy on the other side of the Adriatic Sea.

Edited by reciprocity
  • Haha 1

Well that's a horse of a different colour... accuracy in these matters is very important. Without checking I'd have about a 50/50 of hitting it. I think cos I was still in school for all that nastiness and doing International Studies (an alternative to Catholic RE studies where you study human rights, all religions and social service charities(red cross, medicans san frontier, etc) at the time I had to kind of know, roughly.

There's the difference probably. I was just reading about it in the news or on the radio or TV news. You know, where you are half paying attention and half doing something else?

Never took the time to study it in detail in terms of the geography.

• Like 1

Was kind of hoping the underdogs would prevail but ........... NOPE!

Here's my observation as a complete soccer dummie ...............................

The team that lost today didn't seem nearly as despondent as in other sports I watch where a team loses the big game and just drop their heads in complete and utter defeat, crying and complete despondency are much more evident in the other sports I normally watch. Is this normal in soccer?

Edited by reciprocity