World Cup Football !!!

Doreensfree

Starts tomorrow..

Now I'm not being a kill joy..but weeks of soccer..at the beginning ...all day of every day..( sigh)....

Of course I will watch England..but need to think of ways to keep busy..

Maybe the counting game...you have been warned guys....just sayin !!!!...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'll be interested until after the round of 16... don't see my boys still being there after that but we should get out of our pool with France, bet this is one time they don't surrender. Lets be honest her I'm not a proponent of round ball footy but I understand it better than I used to. I'm an Aussie, if we are in it I'll be an armchair expert. So in my newly, acquired and limited knowledge (hmm anyone any good at engraving on pinheads?) I hereby give you my predictions for those teams making it out of group stages into the round of 16 (or whatever its called in not tennis):

Group A:

1. Uruguay (2)

2. Egypt (-1)

OUT - Russia, Saudi Arabia

Group B:

1. Portugal (1)(and who I'll be cheering for once the Aussies die in the arse) and I think they will win the group, not Spain

2. Spain (1)

Out - Iran & Morocco

Group C

1. France (2)

2. Australia  (-1)(we have traveled further than any other team to make it to this world cup finals.... just over 250,000km (155,000miles))

Out:. Denmark (cos I can't not pick my boys) & Peru

Group D :

1. Argentina (even if they only just scraped in)

2. Iceland

Out - Croatia & Nigeria

Group E:

1. Brazil

2. Switzerland

Out - Costa Rica & Serbia

Group F : I can't pick 2/3 and can't find a coin to toss  found a coin & tossed it

1. Germany (them or Belgium to win the whole cookie)

2. Mexico

Sweden & South Korea

Group G:

1. Belgium

2. England

Out: Tunisia & Panama (knocked out the USA)

Group H: (hardest one to pick... chuck a dart boys and girls)

1. Japan

2. Columbia

Out: Poland & Senegal

Edited by notsmokinjo
tossed some coins... final list
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DianeCz said:

Hi Doreen, I am a tad concerned about this as my cousins husband is going. He isn't a trouble maker, but our UK fan reputation... well, hope all is good.

You're just lucky Canada never gets in to this contest because our fans are world renown for being sh*t disturbers!

demotivation.us_Biggest-riot-In-Canadian

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

I'm impressed...no...really impressed...Jo...

i wouldn't be.... international competition and Aussies competing.... we learn quick then... we (the relos) have a pool going on predicting who will get out of the groups... but seriously once the aussies are out... i'll cheer for Portugal cos for my cousin and uncle... and pork chop... but i'll loose interest once the aussies are gone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Doreensfree said:

Hard luck Jo....!!!!

I was kinda happy with the result, would have prefered a draw, didn't think we deserved a win, but we did deserve a draw but thems the breaks until I saw todays sooky, sooky, la la, media from the land of Aus.

So I'm a bit confused... in my sport of choice when a player takes a dive to get a free they get a fine for bringing the sport into disrepute.. .. I think this is why Soccer is not more popular in Aus because its seems the art of diving really is an art. I was just happy to let the diving go as part of soccer but the media over here is banging on and on about how much France were diving and getting away with it... this is the going gag:

The French soccer team as soon as an Aussie got anywhere near them:

200.gif

• Haha 1

And was there ever any doubt England would win that one aside that is from the time between the Tunisia equalizer and the late Harry Kane goal. A few expletives may have passed my lips tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the Kid... Tunisia = Tuna Island .... ah the dyslexia, the disability that just keeps giving... we are only getting live feeds of the Aussie games... have to pay for the non-aussie games... but have been following them on the tranny if I am awake.

I think Portugal beat someone today. Canada maybe? I really don't think we're there this year though ?

Anyway; someone named Roberto scored the only goal. They were making a big deal about it. That's what really gets me going because  90 minutes or so and only 1 goal? Watching paint dry is more entertaining ...... I'm sorry but , it's true!

• Haha 2