SOS - it feels like it will be like this forever

Phillyquitter89

Thank you everyone that commented on the op. It really helped me a lot! As for what happened? Well, I went home, worked out, and pretty much forgot about the earlier craving. I went out later that night and was around people who smoked and was honestly grossed out by the smell, which made me feel great. I’ve had a rough two days. I’m dealing with some financial issues and my gf broke up with me. Guess what, though? Amidst all that stress I still haven’t picked up a smoke. I’m actually approaching this with enthusiasm because I realize that I’m extinguishing a major trigger. I’m really proud of myself guys! Thank you!

• Like 7

Hey Philly, sorry to hear about the turmoil you're going through, but huge congratulations on getting through these things with your quit intact. That's seriously impressive stuff and you can be rightly proud of it.

Keep going with the quit, you're doing tremendously well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done philly.... that's a rough few days indeed... but you should be really proud of yourself. Its hard in the early days when life starts kicking you back but it is completely possible to do which you have proved. Head up, shoulders back and just keep marching straight through the crap because you are doing it.

Just think, with the money issues, not smoking is helping out and giving you more available cash. I know its not as much over there as it is here in Aus but it all ads up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Philly sorry about the difficulties you are facing at this time --however, you are doing great.  You are getting through some pretty heady stuff and coming out clean on the smoking side.  You can and you are doing this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi philly, I'm so happy to hear you're doing good with your quit in spite of all that's being thrown at you. You have every reason to be super proud of yourself :) Thanks for letting us know how you're doing :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry about all the negative things going on in your life, Philly, but I'm glad you are still smoke free. 

Smoking makes nothing better.  Keep up the great work with your quit.  You should be proud of being smoke-free.  It is a great thing you are doing in quitting.

• Like 2

Sorry you're facing some personal issues. Those stressful life situations are tough to deal with under any circumstances but when you're trying to quit, it's extra tough!

You should be proud that you are getting through those things while keeping your quit. Keep going. There are only good things ahead of you providing you stick to your quit :)

• Like 2