RoryPlog is 5 Month's Smoke Free

notsmokinjo

Congratulations @RoryPlog for being 5 months smoke free.

What a great quit you've got going our quiet little Canadian. You have done a great job of caring for you quit and watching it grow over the past 5 months. Makes sure you do something to celebrate this milestone.

5.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on five months Rory! I'm so happy to see you conquer this addiction month after month. You should be really proud of yourself.  I'm sure this is your forever quit :)

happy%20dance.jpg

Edited by jillar
  • Thanks 1

You all rock thank you so much. Five months, five months without a smoke. 

My little app thing said I hadn’t smoked 4,000 smokes not long ago. Four - thousand

I’m almost not part of the non smoking culture now. I don’t get up and take a walk outside every hour just to see what I’m missing. 

I starting taking pictures, and video, and fishing more. 

I play guitar almost every day. 

Life has thrown a few giant left hooks at me in these five months. Hard, stare at yourself in the mirror kind of punches. Sometimes I catch myself looking over my shoulder to see if a craving is coming. 

My heart pounds, my legs twitch, there is a migraine in the back of my head that thankfully  doesn’t seem to surface. My appetite is off, but my weight has remained consistent. 

Friends, without forgetting that every moment is a chance for me to fail, I feel like ‘I quit’ smoking. Let me just remark on the distinction, I don’t feel so much like I am quitting. I’m not obsessing about smoking. I just look at a smoker, and think I used to do that. I smell it and think that’s what smoking smells like. 

This for me is new territory. The fragile balance of ‘no mans land’. I’m sorry that I don’t come here often and try to help. For me lately, I’ve just not had my mind steered towards smoking and needing to fill the void. 

Funny when the old Q board died, I think my ability to go back through my posts through 10 years of quitting died with it. Along with that my compulsion and obsession were muted. 

I need you folks to be here please. It’s horribly selfish, but when I have a moment this is my haven. You all are what makes the chaos of quitting bearable, manageable and you bring just that little bit of hope that gets me through. 

Thank you you all again. Your in my thoughts. 

Peace

Rory

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RoryPlog said:

Funny when the old Q board died, I think my ability to go back through my posts through 10 years of quitting died with it. Along with that my compulsion and obsession were muted. 

I need you folks to be here please. It’s horribly selfish, but when I have a moment this is my haven. You all are what makes the chaos of quitting bearable, manageable and you bring just that little bit of hope that gets me through. 

Thank you you all again. Your in my thoughts. 

Peace

Rory

So glad your feeling so comfy with your quit... that is the best news ever. I hear you also on this time feeling different and just feeling quit, not like your quitting. Its great that your playing everyday... just please tell me you don't only play Blackbird because I think I might just smash the next guitar I hear that come out of (7 years of the guitar tech at work testing every guitar with the same song) :D . Just wanted to say I don't think your approach is selfish, your quit is the important thing... you need to look after it the way that works for you, but know I had ya back over there and I've got ya back over here... tomorrow, next week or in 18mths. KTQ Rory... you doing this like a legend.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

So glad your feeling so comfy with your quit... that is the best news ever. I hear you also on this time feeling different and just feeling quit, not like your quitting. Its great that your playing everyday... just please tell me you don't only play Blackbird because I think I might just smash the next guitar I hear that come out of (7 years of the guitar tech at work testing every guitar with the same song) :D . Just wanted to say I don't think your approach is selfish, your quit is the important thing... you need to look after it the way that works for you, but know I had ya back over there and I've got ya back over here... tomorrow, next week or in 18mths. KTQ Rory... you doing this like a legend.

Lmao. I’m not sure I can play blackbird

• Like 1