No one needs to respond to this

christine 12

You are better than that.... just write an entire page of random thoughts.... write a letter to yourself about how you will feel if you give up. HAVE A PIECE OF NRT GUM .... i get the don't want to have too many... but you know what if you need it have it.... I did.... and I kept having them until I knew I was in the head space not to. 

You so have this. Don't toss it away... writing helps, here is a little writing activity for you.... I want you to write down and post 10 ways buying smokes and having one will help you. The I want you to write down 5, only 5 ways fighting the urge and not having one will help. post both lists....

• Like 1

Just now, jillar said:

Is this your pre response to an SOS @christine 12? If so just keep reading it every hour. And before you know it you'll have another day quit

I'm just not sure what to do. I think i can make it till 11, when the store closes. Then it is very unlikely I'll buy any smokes tonight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, christine 12 said:

I'm just not sure what to do. I think i can make it till 11, when the store closes. Then it is very unlikely I'll buy any smokes tonight. 

Then that is what you do! You know how to do this Christine, please make the smart choice.

Just head to bed, take a sleeping tablet, whatever you need to get through today and start fresh again tomorrow.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

You are better than that.... just write an entire page of random thoughts.... write a letter to yourself about how you will feel if you give up. HAVE A PIECE OF NRT GUM .... i get the don't want to have too many... but you know what if you need it have it.... I did.... and I kept having them until I knew I was in the head space not to. 

You so have this. Don't toss it away... writing helps, here is a little writing activity for you.... I want you to write down and post 10 ways buying smokes and having one will help you. The I want you to write down 5, only 5 ways fighting the urge and not having one will help. post both lists....

I can't think of any ways smoking will help me. It might not even relax me at this point

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A night time cold and flu tablet can take the edge of and help you sleep in the early stages of the quit.

1 minute ago, christine 12 said:

I can't think of any ways smoking will help me. It might not even relax me at this point

Not even 1.... part of the battle is won.... now tell my 5 things about not having one... how will that make you feel... I am tipping one of them needs to start with a P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

A night time cold and flu tablet can take the edge of and help you sleep in the early stages of the quit.

Not even 1.... part of the battle is won.... now tell my 5 things about not having one... how will that make you feel... I am tipping one of them needs to start with a P

not stinking, not being a failure, healthier, easier to breath, more money saved

• Like 3

You don't have to smoke if you don't want to.

You won't smoke if you decide you don't smoke anymore.

You have to make the decision,

then silly temptations,  like making a run before the store closes,  have No Power,

What a ridiculous proposition, go buy smokes ?  Whatever for ?  You're not a slave anymore. 

You don't smoke.

Edited by Sazerac
  • Like 5