HELLOOOOOOOO, I'm Back !!!!

Opah

Well Well

Seems to have been a while,  Been Jacked up pretty bad.  Seems I have some Bd stuff lerking around in my Blood an Infectous MRSA bacteria.

It decide to take residemce in My right hand and after 8 weeks in the hospitle and now ?? weels with home care and twice Daily IVs I get to Keep my Hand.

I must say Smoking or Not smoking has not been a Priority on my Converns, But finally could focas and remember the name of the forum.

Hope you all ar well and doing great with your quits, I am still on the mend and hoping to get clear of this stuff in the next month or so. 

• Sad 2

Hi Opah, gosh sorry you've been so sick! My mom got MRSA too back in April but she had the good(?) kind. She was highly contagious but doing much better now so hopefully so will you.  Glad to have you back and still quit :) Feel better soon!

• Like 1

Holy crap, Opah !  I am so glad you surfaced.  Please get better at once, you will mend better at home.  What a nightmare you are emerging from.

Your HAND ffs !  Wow, Opah.  Please be kind to yourself, it is so good you found your way back to us.  We love you.  We all give a shit.

S

• Like 1

Kind of a Mistery 
Friday evening noticed some redness on the top of my hand Satuirday start to swell by Saturday evening was in sever pain Sunday in the ER and admitted to the Hospital
Sugion made a small incision And all look good no Puss took a culture, Monday morning Full of puss, monday night the surgion made the cut you saw and spent 4.5 hours cleaning the infection out of my hand and forarm.
Next 8 days massive amounts of Vancomiason and a probability of amputation, Day 8 looked well enough to send me home with two IVs and changing the dressing a day .
Al worries of losing body parts gone if I could stay on the IVS, Second week of six weeks started having alergic reactions to the med, Hospital Doctors kicked me to the curb, saying I was no longer a patient Good luck ?
Back to losing Parts if I could not continue my Vaco miason IVs, My PC doctor steps in and Thank God was able to treat the reaction to the Vacomiason and am continuing the IVs.
Just completed the 3rd of 6 weeks treatment, Very rashed and intchy, Meds kicked up to Max for the Rash and Itch must complete at least 2 more weeks Twice a day 2 hour IVs.
Hoping by then I test clear of the MRSA infection, If OK I will be Hunting my Hogs ! got two Tags to fill before the end of June, I will of Course have two 2018 pig tags with just in case.
Really suck, seems I have had the MRSA for some time and it will opo up when it fells like it, is said that I will never to totally rid of it.
But Yes the cut was made by the surgion all 18 inches over an inch deep, the pics do not show the Large X cut just behind the Thumb, but it has healed completely.
Never hurt so much in My life Felt like Someone was Trying to break my wrist and it was just ready to break for 3 or 4 days, could not get pain meds for more than a week after getting out of the Hospital. I also was terrafied for weeks waiting for the word I was going to lose my arm, Hand or fingers due to this infection, Never want to go thru this again NEVER !

• Sad 1

I gotta hand it to you man! You're not even 3 months quit and going through something like this while maintaining your early quit is golden! I can't even imagine keeping my quit under those circumstances. Great to see you are still on the NOPE :) 

• Like 1