2018 Quitters Check In

jillar

Hi Wren, glad your cravings and triggers are becoming less frequent. They'll get less and less as time goes by :)Yes, you are a newbie for your first year, then you become an old pharte lol :)

• Like 5

Hi jillar.  It’s been some time since my last post. I’ll reach 5 months in a couple of days. I’m doing well - but still have those occasional moments. Didn’t think it was possible in those early days to feel this sense of freedom, the support here and from qsmb has been a life saver. ?

• Like 11

Checkin' in, it's been 3 mths now since quitting. 

Started exercising and eating better pretty much as soon as I quit. So far I've lost almost 10lbs. Starting this Friday June 1st I'm riding my bike to fight kids cancer. I've committed to ride at least 200kms in the month of June, which is going to be a piece of cake riding to work everyday (26km round trip). On a side note I am looking for sponsors, lol!

So all in all, I'm feeling great, and there is no stopping me now!

• Like 13

5 hours ago, Gordo said:

Checkin' in, it's been 3 mths now since quitting. 

Started exercising and eating better pretty much as soon as I quit. So far I've lost almost 10lbs. Starting this Friday June 1st I'm riding my bike to fight kids cancer. I've committed to ride at least 200kms in the month of June, which is going to be a piece of cake riding to work everyday (26km round trip). On a side note I am looking for sponsors, lol!

So all in all, I'm feeling great, and there is no stopping me now!

is there a web link to sponsor??

• Like 1

UM... I just noticed that if you look at this list 2018 is the year of the Stick???? comon chickas, I know your out there cos your out there be proud of your 2018 quiter status....

@catlover, @lml, @Rosewothorne, @Ren,  I know there are more... if I haven't named you come and remind me who you are... :D

• Like 5

Chick checking in!! It's almost two months quit for me. I do the daily NOPE pledge - except I miss a lot of weekends because I'm out busy doing things, which is a good thing. I find it super helpful to be accountable to the QT and also to me.

I was surprised yesterday when I saw on my ticker that I've saved more than $300 and avoided over 1000 cigarettes - holy crap!!! I can't believe that in less then two months I smoked a thousand cigarettes. That's just gross - such an amount of garbage I not only put into my body but into the world, roadside, landfills.

Anyway the quit is going well for me. Sometimes I get the anxieties but they pass quickly enough. I don't dwell - I acknowledge, accept that's just what happens, and move on. This quit has been so much easier for me than any previous and for that I'm grateful. I went off the Chantix several weeks ago...maybe should have weaned myself off because I had a few unsettled days but those passed also.

I've gained weight which is a bummer because I recently got rid of the clothes I wore when I was this weight a couple of years ago so all of my skinnier clothes are just a little or more than a little too tight. I can't really figure out the weight gain because I'm not an over eater; maybe I'm just a poor choice eater. But I will do better with that in the coming weeks.

I've enjoyed some awesome hiking and weekend trips. I made an mosaic table top which I'll finish up this weekend. These are things I may not have done when I smoked so they are the side benefits of not smoking.

• Like 11

Checking in.  Doing well on the quit, almost at the 5 month mark.  Craves are definitely getting fewer and farther behind (though I had a strong one yesterday, just said NOPE and went my merry way).  Thanks for all the support and help from this group.  

• Like 15

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

I'm doing well and I'm so happy that you all are too!

I was just marking up my desktop calendar for June and I'm excited that I'll be hitting 3 months and 100 days quit this month!  

I started running again in May and my lungs are so happy that they can breathe lots of air during! :D I've lost a few pounds and I'm actually on a path of dietary discovery...I have chronic inflammation so carbs and sugar are on the way out.....

Also YAY SUMMER!

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

Thinking about all our awesome quitters with under a year quit and wondering how you are doing. Please check in and let us know how your first summer, and for some winter, smoke free is going. :) 

• Like 3

Just now, Martian5 said:

Just about to the 6 month mark and I am doing well, not much in the way of craves and getting use to a smoke free life!!!!!

The best feeling, and if you start counting $ saved... Nice reward for yourself

• Like 4