Notsmokinjo is 6 Months Smoke Free Today

Sslip

So Jo, I have the honour of posting your six month celebration!

I know how you prefer a low key affair, so just a simple congratulations you're doing great ...

Yeah right, I've had to kiss many butts to get this gig and it's worth it, but there is no way I'm leaving it at that! So time to extol the virtues of our Jo, you may want to grab a snack while we run through this. Ah, see you already have.

image.png.c9238faa22d45f438927691cdad1a0a3.png

Okay, so where do we start? Ah yes, we probably want to double check those numbers. Is it really six months?

Well to double check let's go to Bob Murray, the man to take the last mark and kick the last kick of that 66 final. Bob, do you reckon that's 6 months in the bag? And while we're at it Tony and Umpire what about youse?

image.png.dbf6d5a345ff729c6cb3569e57e9e882.png   image.png.0b4ff3aa9768c5710c85e240c3f4dd5d.png   image.png.4adeed6b2254748e6c34542eb50571af.png

Yep, so Bob confirms it's 6 months and you're right up there, Tony reckons you're a legend and the umpire's happy with that.

For the more sparkly amongst you this is what it looks like without the football code.

image.png.5f2187f2097de42f059501924e9b54d3.png

Taking a moment to be serious.

Jo thank you for everything you do here and I'm sure many others will want to join me in wishing you heartfelt congratulations on 6 months quit. I can't think of a more deserved celebration than yours today and it's great that you're half way to that famed lido deck. I'm grateful I'm on this journey with you and mitey proud to call you my friend.

image.png.25be0fa87353e252b7f9e3fea6cea0fd.png

Celebrate well!

Edited by Sslip
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

clicking-your-heels-smiley-emoticon.gif whoop whoop.. 6 months already Jo  it doesn't seem that long at all.. I want to take this opportunity to say.. I luv ya missus? you are a true team player and a total star, thank you for everything you do in this place though I often wonder if you are an alien life form because you NEVER seem to sleep...? (not that there is anything wrong with aliens right enought, I get on with anybody or any thing so Please (see I'm polite too) remember that when you take over the planet..????)  

I hope you do something to treat yourself, maybe a trip to get a wee rum baba ?

But in the meantime I made you this..xx

124.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Yaaaa....half way ..to the Lido ....

So glad you found your way here...carnt imagine this place without you chuck ....

I'm sure the train will give a little back today...for all you do for us ...

Have a great day...do something nice..after all..you've worked so hard to get this far..xxxx

DKnMqdm9i980E.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations jo on being half a year quit. And for all you do here, you have really showed everyone the meaning of paying it forward and for that I thank you. You give me a smile and giggle everyday with your wit and wisdom and it's truly an honor to call you my crazy friend ;)

hrx859n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'd like to start by thanking the academy... oops wrong speech...

Um seriously best start handing out the thank youse... cos youse all have said some nice shit and stuff...

@Sslip a wise person once told me to just smile and say thanks so... Thanks?!?!! ... but seriously that is the most awesome woohoo I have ever seen... I love the Saintas shout out, spesh with all the sixes and the have Barassi as the goal umpire... I love frickin Barassi.. even if he never played or coached my Saintas... Ron Barassi Jnr changed the face of foot and its because of him we have the father-son rule...and vegemite.. my biggest love and weakness (shh don't tell the kid).. thank you very much for my unexpected woohoo. And I am so blessed to have you as a friend... a certain Pork Chop may need to lift his game ;)  (although the kid did ask if you had caught my crazy)

@Wee fluffy me thanks for all your support from the very start, and the laughs and my every growing vocabulary of Scottish slang.. and I am so excited by my cake, how do you have time to bake a special cake with one star for every month AND deal with ya garden, and ya weens, and making morris dancing costumes... there will be cutting of the cake and sharing quite soon so if ya still mowing ya back yard I'll make sure I save you a slice.

@Boo thanks seppo :D thought there might be a special post for me in the Babe thread, but maybe later. ;) Seriously though thanks for all you contributions in the serious threads, always something positive in there to draw on when needed.

@Doreensfree thanks Doorski... I am glad I found here too... not sure that I would be making these thanks if I hadn't. Thanks for all your sage advice and funny, funny, endorphin releasing posts... you make my journey easier.

@MrTitwank my darling plague mask bedecked Pork Chop... thanks for leading the way and showing me how to be awesome.

@WeegieWoman they say a picture says a thousand words... and that one summed us up.. I know you will always have my back just as you know I've got yours. Thanks for being such an awesome quit buddy and your unique and clear views and advice in the serious threads and your awesome humour and wit in the fun ones. You make this quitting thing fun.

@reciprocity, now woohoo master have you been giving sslippity-doo-dah secret training sessions???? Here I was thinking I could slid past this monthiversary without a woohoo and then ^^THAT happened... not that its not awesome or anything but just, wow.... anywhoo... thanks for everything you have done from the very early days to help me with my quit, your humor and support and friendship is greatley appreciated... and the learning of the hockey... my dad is most impressed. :D

@Cbdave... thanks mate, especially for your daily NOPE... I kinda feel like my NOPE doesn't count until I see yours there too... cos, well witness... and I think you seeing my Nopes makes it that way bit harder to contemplate tossing the quit, so thanks for inadvertently keeping me on the straight and narrow.

@catlover thanks mate, and thank you for your brilliant NOPES every day... I hang out to see what you will post... and your speed on some of those smarter games is impressive. Thanks for helping to keep me occupied in games so I don't dwell on other stuff.

@Joe7 Thanks to Lucky Joe with an E-pendage... thanks for leading the way..

@jillar .. the very first person on a quit forum to 'speak' to me... the very first person, ever in my quit to give me a woohoo for hitting a milestone... thanks for letting me catch a ride on your shoulders until I was ready to stand (well most of the time) on my own two feet... you my dear are an absolute star and my naughty partner in crime.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Well Jo, congrats on the 6 months - it has to be a great feeling.  Take time to celebrate and reflect.  And thanks for all the help and support you give to us fellow passengers on this great train!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2018 at 10:59 AM, notsmokinjo said:

@Boothanks seppo

I just looked up the word "seppo."  According to the interwebs that is Aussie slang for an American who is full of shit...

Fair enough.

On 5/28/2018 at 10:59 AM, notsmokinjo said:

thought there might be a special post for me in the Babe thread, but maybe later. ;)

Well, it is your special day...Here's some eye candy for you!

Edited by Boo
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

So very happy and proud for you, Jo!  You are rocking your quit and leading the way for so many others.  In honor of the day, I called some of your family in to celebrate!!

image.png.232c555f049939214c3e4ab81fc72c5c.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Boo said:
4 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

@Boothanks seppo

I just looked up the word "seppo."  According to the interwebs that is Aussie slang for an American who is full of shit...

Fair enough.

@Boo the interwebs was not really good at splainin then... let me get me frickin Strine of for this cos I feel I splained it a lot before.... its like this... yeah Seppo can be a nasty way to talk about a yank (cos in Straya ya all frickin yanks even the ones from the south).... but then again it can be a term of endearment for frickin yank... cos this is the frickin place where we use the C word to address our mates.... it all just depends on context.... see I was gunna say to @Sslip "Yeah na ya sick c*** that's an awesome frickin wooho post ya bastard" but went then I went nah-yeah... cos even though I'm pretty sure he knows that's like the altimate compliment an a sign of frickin mateness maybe he might not, cos well the c word.... but then you called me Aussie and I was like cool me seppo mate gave me a woohoo, best be saying ta an all... yeah, nah... fvcked that up didn't I, ay... soooooo.... here is the quote from surfer.com, where ya ask an local... splains what I mean when I use seppo... now if I thougt ya were the full a shit variety of a seppo I would had some adjective or other before it... so calm ya fvckin farm luv ducks and take a nice ol chill pilll I wasn't havin a subtle go at ya... if I wanted to have a subtle go I woulda gone... "Thanks maaate"... cos really if I wanted to have a go there'd be no cagey subtle bullshit an ya wouldn;t need no web search ya silly duffa  (an that's not nasty either!)..

from www.surfer.com

Q: I was recently in Australia and the Aussies kept calling me a "seppo." What does that mean and where did that word come from? --John Marcus, San Francisco, CA

A: Sorry to be the one to break it to you, John, but you've just been identified as a certifiable foreigner. South of the border you're a gringo, in Hawaii you're a haole. In Australia, you're a septic tank--seppo for short. The term was originally derived from rhyming slang: Yank = septic tank. Not exactly sure on the logic there, but the term has also been said to reference Americans' tendency to be "full of shit." Don't take it too personally though; as long as it wasn't preceded by an irate expletive, you can consider it a term of endearment.

Roight... ya got it????? Good...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, notsmokinjo said:

@Boo the interwebs was not really good at splainin then... let me get me frickin Strine of for this cos I feel I splained it a lot before.... its like this... yeah Seppo can be a nasty way to talk about a yank (cos in Straya ya all frickin yanks even the ones from the south).... but then again it can be a term of endearment for frickin yank... cos this is the frickin place where we use the C word to address our mates.... it all just depends on context.... see I was gunna say to @Sslip "Yeah na ya sick c*** that's an awesome frickin wooho post ya bastard" but went then I went nah-yeah... cos even though I'm pretty sure he knows that's like the altimate compliment an a sign of frickin mateness maybe he might not, cos well the c word.... but then you called me Aussie and I was like cool me seppo mate gave me a woohoo, best be saying ta an all... yeah, nah... fvcked that up didn't I, ay... soooooo.... here is the quote from surfer.com, where ya ask an local... splains what I mean when I use seppo... now if I thougt ya were the full a shit variety of a seppo I would had some adjective or other before it... so calm ya fvckin farm luv ducks and take a nice ol chill pilll I wasn't havin a subtle go at ya... if I wanted to have a subtle go I woulda gone... "Thanks maaate"... cos really if I wanted to have a go there'd be no cagey subtle bullshit an ya wouldn;t need no web search ya silly duffa  (an that's not nasty either!)..

from www.surfer.com

Q: I was recently in Australia and the Aussies kept calling me a "seppo." What does that mean and where did that word come from? --John Marcus, San Francisco, CA

A: Sorry to be the one to break it to you, John, but you've just been identified as a certifiable foreigner. South of the border you're a gringo, in Hawaii you're a haole. In Australia, you're a septic tank--seppo for short. The term was originally derived from rhyming slang: Yank = septic tank. Not exactly sure on the logic there, but the term has also been said to reference Americans' tendency to be "full of shit." Don't take it too personally though; as long as it wasn't preceded by an irate expletive, you can consider it a term of endearment.

Roight... ya got it????? Good...

I wasn't paying attention.  Could you repeat that?

Edited by Boo
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Boo said:

I wasn't paying attention.  Could you repeat that?

Its Biscuit Day... here have a bickie.... and there the good ones, they're TimTams our other national food, and they've been double dipped... and don't worry about ya health jag, on Biscuit day there are no calories in a bickie

315d28400b3999e42ff246f6cbc1b02a--tim-ta

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Thanks 1