Smoking and Psychosis

Sazerac

2 hours ago, Sazerac said:

This article from Science Daily should make you even more appreciative that you quit smoking

and explain some of our...ummmm.....foibles, if you know what I mean  ?

Smoking Heightens Risk of Psychosis

Interesting article. The list of reasons to quit smoking keeps getting longer . . . . . . .

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 4:35 PM, Giveintowin said:

Good find Saz. I always thought this but there wasn’t data or studies to show the link. 

Thank you for your encouragement, G.

Smoking is far, far worse than we can imagine and like you, G, I want to learn all I can

A lot of information is withheld, you need university etc..passwords to access a lot of information

or,  some such silliness as a doctor's note. There are also copyright considerations.  It's complicated. 

It keeps all of us ignorant to a large degree, incredibly ignorant to a colossal degree really.

I'm slowly gathering sourced information for a post in the future,

concerning the hidden effects of smoking and the effects of quitting which is rarely addressed.

It is taking some time but, please send me any sci based information you come across or, direct me somewhere, I'll do the reading.

We deserve the truth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sazerac said:

Smoking is far, far worse than we can imagine and like you, G, I want to learn all I can

A lot of information is withheld, you need university etc..passwords to access a lot of information

or,  some such silliness as a doctor's note. There are also copyright considerations.  It's complicated. 

It keeps all of us ignorant to a large degree, incredibly ignorant to a colossal degree really.

concerning the hidden effects of smoking and the effects of quitting which is rarely addressed.

It seems possible to me that even with all we currently know about the dangers of smoking, the readily available information might merely be the tip of the iceberg.

I used to complain about the price of a pack of cigarettes.  What I should have been worried about was the cost of smoking.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sazerac said:

Thank you for your encouragement, G.

It is taking some time but, please send me any sci based information you come across or, direct me somewhere, I'll do the reading.

We deserve the truth.

Sazarac, I love your novel quest. I personally believe that smoking is doing more to our brain/bodies than is commonly known. There are also a lot of diseases with high correlation to smoking. Yet in science correlation does not equal causation so these diseases aren’t listed as smoking related. 

Edited by Giveintowin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Boo said:

It seems possible to me that even with all we currently know about the dangers of smoking, the readily available information might merely be the tip of the iceberg.

I used to complain about the price of a pack of cigarettes.  What I should have been worried about was the cost of smoking.

1 hour ago, Giveintowin said:

Sazarac, I love your novel quest. I personally believe that smoking is doing more to our brain/bodies than is commonly known. There are also a lot of diseases with high correlation to smoking. Yet in science correlation does not equal causation so these diseases aren’t listed as smoking related. 

You are right, Boo, it is only the tip of the iceberg. 

I mean just look at Tar. 

You need gasoline to get tar off your feet. 

We burned tar and hundreds of other chemicals (take Chlorine for example) into the sensitive tissues of nose, mouth, esophagus and lungs.

I know our bodies are magical healing machines but, this is horrible damage.  There has to be intense residual effects.

and Give, yes yes yes...correlation/causation...exactly.

I have a very smart friend helping me and I am incredibly appreciative.  We'll see how this proceeds.

There is also the issue of the side effects of quitting smoking, these are far bigger than we are told and longer lasting too.

Probably wise to be careful here, TMI can discourage people and I don't want to do that.

No doubt, the benefits of quitting are awesome...it just takes time for healing to commence and maybe there are ways to assist our natural healing abilities.

Thanks y'all.