Stanley Cup Final Playoffs - who are you cheering for?

notsmokinjo

Who you cheering for  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you cheering for in the Stanley Cup Final

• The Caps - The Washington Capitols
    • The Golden Knights - The Vegas new boys
    • Who cares

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/28/18 at 08:09 AM

The Stanley Cup finalists have been decided and the playoffs start next week. So who will you be cheering for, the hapless Caps who have been in the comp since 1974 and have never won a Stanley Cup of the johnny come lately new boys of the comp the Vegas Golden Knights who are in the Finals in this their very first season... or do you not give a shit either way?

I'll be going for the Caps... have been cheering them along since the Leafs dropped out... their fans have earnt the celebration, they have been waiting for over 4 decades, the Golden Knights are too new and shiney, they need to know what loosing is about to really appreciate the cup.

The poll will remain open until the night before the first play off... so it closes 6pm on 28 May.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Haha 1

Since I havn,t the foggiest idea..what your talkin about ..I will go I don't care...whaha...

I normally go with my friend Nancy,s choice..I'm sure she will be along to help me out...failing that ....

My Boo ..will sort me out!!!...he normally does....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Agreed - Caps it is, even though OV can be a bit of a jack-ass at times. You're right Jo. The Caps and particularly their fans deserve it. They have so often been in the running early on but have always fell short. You gotta admit though. For the Vegas team to have gotten this far in their 1st season is nothing short of incredible ? Although I don't care deeply who wins, which ever way it goes it will be a dream come true for one team :)

Wonder what the Vegas odds were and are now on them winning it all - lol!

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 3:51 AM, Doreensfree said:

My Boo ..will sort me out!!!...he normally does....

Nashville Predators.  Although, I didn't see them listed in the poll.  Must've gotten bounced out of the playoffs.

I don't really follow hockey that closely.

I am from Pittsburgh - Penguins beat by the Capitals this year. I live in Maryland - so I'm in the ALL CAPS area. I've always liked the Caps and kind of feel sorry for them for never quite making it but Fleury (former Penguin) is a Golden Knight ... and the Las Vegas dinner show style opening of the Stanley Cup? Well how can I resist that level of...of whatever the hell that was? I found myself cheering for the Knights on Monday night. I missed it last night though but see it's 1-1. Maybe I'm in the who cares category? :-)

• Like 1

I rocked the red yesterday! And I actually cried watching the win celebrations. This is something special for the city and area. I wish I could’ve been downtown (maybe if I was 10-20 years younger!). The chopper footage was also special because it was an exception to the no fly zone rule! It’s a good day in DC. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Did you see philly after the eagles won the SB, fans went nuts as well

I saw Chicago after the Cubbies won... but don't pay much attention to Gridiron... its sort of like backwards Rugby... don't get me wrong I like a good sport movie like Remember the Titans or even The Replacements, Friday Night Lights (you get the picture) but about as interested in the sport as I am in, Oh  I dunno, golf.  You will have to try to convert me.

16 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

I saw Chicago after the Cubbies won... but don't pay much attention to Gridiron... its sort of like backwards Rugby... don't get me wrong I like a good sport movie like Remember the Titans or even The Replacements, Friday Night Lights (you get the picture) but about as interested in the sport as I am in, Oh  I dunno, golf.  You will have to try to convert me.

Philly fans are wild, they were burning their own city down. if you google it you will also find a philly fan who ate horse shit on video lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, notsmokinjo said:

^^ doesn't help the stereo type that yanks are crazy..... :)

Crazy, is an understatement but i'm a realist. Everyone is crazy in their own way, everywhere.

Edited by Whispers

15 minutes ago, Whispers said:

Crazy, is an understatement but i'm a realist. Everyone is crazy in their own way, everywhere.

Except me... I am the single most sane and normal person you will ever come across.....hahahahaha

3239347331_7af4ba53c6.jpg

• Haha 1