Peace Train Is On The Lido Deck Today!!

Reciprocity

It's my great pleasure to welcome you to the Lido Deck PT.  Take a lounge here in the sun while we get you a fancy umbrella drink :) 

What a huge accomplishment being smoke free for a whole year - congratulations! 

Not only have you managed to quit smoking yourself but you have also helped so many others as well along the way.

Hope you do something really special today to mark the occasion ?

2elrspv.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Huge congratulations on reaching the Lido Deck PeaceTrain!

I'm so glad to have you here and celebrate with you today, you are a treasure.

Enjoy the accolades, they are very well deserved.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Our beautiful Peace Train has arrived ....

I am delighted to share with you this day of fun and celebrations....

From the first day you found this little family ...your support ,your kindness... On board and off has shown what a exceptional loving person you are....

It is a honour to congratulate you today...the Lido Deck...has a VIP chair waiting...

Enjoy the day....more to come ...

Your friend ...Horney toad....Doorbell....Doreen xxxxxx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5d5b3d1423a12ffb1a3f712f439a722a.jpg

What a pleasure it is to congratulate you today Peace Train! You have been such a big part of making this place the helpful and supportive community that it is. Wishing you very happy celebrating today.....you deserve it for all your hard work!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the Lido Deck PT.  Congratulations.

One of my favorite parts of being a rider on the Quit Train is being around long enough to watch folks transform from fresh-faced newbies to full-fledged, freedom loving, non-smokers.  Every now and again a newbie comes along and you just know you're looking at a future champion.  I think we all saw that when Peace Train took her place on the Quit Train.

Take full advantage of the amenities offered on the Lido and enjoy your day.  You earned it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sazerac said:

I'm in the Tardis in case it is needed, Peace Train and your new free spirit animal joined me.

hummingbird.jpg.52f34dee9486f9ff2c7a29578497a64d.jpg

I just watched a wonderful show about them last night. They are so magical. 

Thanks to to everyone for the sincere congratulations and good wishes!  It was really moving to read what all of you had written. After this incredible year, I feel like I really do know sone of you- you’ve been so supportive of me and I see and am touched by your kindness toward everyone who’s on this train. 

Today my husband took me to a local nursery to pick out a plant for the meditation garden he put in for me 15 years ago when we met. We got married in that same garden 6 years ago in June 16th. We ended up getting 4 perennials to commemorate this wonderful day. I will see these plants in my garden for years to come (hopefully) and remember this day He’s overjoyed that I quit and I know I’m lucky to have that support. Some people have to do this alone and I’ve had him and all of you the whole time. What a huge difference it’s made!

I did know, right at the beginning of this quit, that this time was different from the two previous attempts. I had educated myself the last time (in 2013) but I still had not mastered the mindset part- taking smoking off the table as an option. I did commit to myself on May 20th last year, that no matter what happened I was not going to smoke. It seems a simple thing but this was the difference maker for me. In part quit attempts I always had going back to smoking as an option that was kept in the far reaches of my mind as a fallback in case the going got too tough. 

I really do think that this is the reason it DIDN’T get TOO tough- my mind was made up that it didn’t matter- no smoking no matter what.

There were certainly times over the last year when I had to come on this board and get my head straight.  And some  of my  very conflicted relationships Have become more challenging because I’m no longer “smoking my feelings” but it’s all good and more honest in the long run. 

Thanks  for “listening,” all!  You’ve been a joy to ride with this past year. I hope I’ll be able to help others as you’ve helped me. A special shout out to my best buddies Doreen, Reciprocity, Nancy,  Boo and BKP and my newest friends Jo, Jillar, Lin and Weegie. Thanks for being here for me and for throwing this great party!  

• Like 10