1 More Day!!

Reciprocity

20hawpc.jpg

Always interesting to see what we were thinking when we first joined up here.

Your commitment was obvious from your very 1st post. I wanted to share that with you today in case you had forgotten.

Interesting though that you said you might not come around too often? We're certainly glad you did and I bet you are too :)

3rd time's a charm

By PeaceTrain, June 15, 2017 in Introductions & About Us

PeaceTrain

Quit Date: 5/20/17

Posted June 15, 2017

Hi all. I've been poking around here for a few days and seems like a friendly and helpful group. Long story short (and it's always a long story isn't it?) this is the 3rd time I've quit and this is it for me. I really am done with smoking this time. I've definitely had my tough moments, but for the most part I'm feeling like now that I've made up my mind that no way am I ever going back to killing.myself, it's much easier.

In analyzing the toughest days/episodes so far, I realized later that there was a part of me (the addict) that was cooperating in making myself miserable. After all, if it gets THAT bad, I'll just have to go back to smoking, like I did in the past, right?!? Wrong! Not happening this time.

One of the things that's been most helpful has been not thinking about it too much. When I realize I'm ruminating about smoking,mi force myself to focus on other things. For that reason, not sure how much I'll be on this forum- we'll see. Hope that's OK and you all understand it's no reflection on you- just doing what I need to do to keep my quit.

Best wishes to all in your quit journey. Jump on the peace train!

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Peace Train is coming in hot on the Lido Deck.

PT, you have built a rock-solid quit.  You've been a great addition to this forum.  And in general, you've just been an all-around awesome chick.

Great job on the quit, the gym work, and the aforementioned awesomeness.  

Congratulations.

Edited by Boo
  • Thanks 1