Kindred Spirits-Repost by jwg

jillar

Kindred Spirts

by jwg1763 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:49 pm

I have often thought as this board as a mail box , but unlike a mail box that is stationary at the end of our drive ,, this mail box travels along are journey with us. Never in front or behind always there by are side. If ever you are in trouble or need a helping hand , all one has to do is reach into there mail box to find a letter from a kindred spirit, a letter to give strength and courage to carry on 
It dose not matter when you reach in your mail box there is always something in there to be found . some of the word and letters are written like stories past down form one generation to the next. And other letters are written by a fresh prospective of a person who as just started there quest , new shoes on the road to living a live free of nicotine.
Time and time again I have read a letter from a new traveler who will say one day when there further down the road , they will stop to help a fellow traveler . Not knowing they have already helped all the travelers along there own journey just by joining in the parade of quitters . It is there commitment and there letters that keep the magic alive
Time and time again I have read a letter from more a seasoned traveler then myself . offering a bit of wisdom they may have gathered along there own journey or just to let the world know
Hey ,, its all good where I am at .. come on all you can do it too
As much as the seasoned traveler is more then willing to write of encouragement , too they are longing to reach into there mailbox and read letters that breath fresh perspectives and ideas , always keeping there journey new. 
After all living the life of a non smoker is not a destination or ever dose it have a finish line. 
Its not a race to be won nor is there anyone keeping score
I salute and thank each and everyone of you from the newiest of the new only on there first step . to the oldest of the that clan called pharts . thank you for your letters and your words that have kept my mail box full . Ok.. so I have not read ever single one , But I have read many and never has there been a day when I could not find one that helped in some sort of way And truth be told.
I have enjoyed this Journey more then any of you might ever imagine, I quit to save a few bucks . but instead I got a new pair of jeans and a bounce in my step

• Like 6

• 3 years later...

Jwg was a member of quitsmokingmessageboard which imploded a few years ago. Luckily our mod there @Nancy told us about this site before that site went down permanently. I wonder if she knows how many quits she saved by doing that 🤔

This post was one of a few I was able to save and it rings as true here as it did there....😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

On 8/22/2021 at 8:41 PM, jillar said:

Jwg was a member of quitsmokingmessageboard which imploded a few years ago. Luckily our mod there @Nancy told us about this site before that site went down permanently. I wonder if she knows how many quits she saved by doing that 🤔

This post was one of a few I was able to save and it rings as true here as it did there....😊

Thank you, Jillar.  It was the least I could do when I believed QSMB was in  grave peril!  

• Like 7