People who died or got ill because of smoking

lml

After quitting in July 2015 I got a bunch of health checks to be sure I was ok. One of these was a chest xray in October that caught a nodule in my lung. Turned out to be invasive adenocarcinoma of the lung. They found another tiny nodule in the operation in January 2016 so I ended up getting a full 16 week course of chemotherapy too. I still haven't completely recovered from the chemo but I am happy to be alive at 55. 

I paid a big price for smoking but not so far the ultimate one. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jetblack said:

Not sure how to say this but i kind of wish this thread was not created.

It isn't exactly a fun or feel-good thread like most around here but who knows, maybe some people need this kind of reality jolt.

That's exactly why this IS an important thread to be posted!!!

We all need to reflect from time to time on just how many loved ones have met a horrible end of life because they could not battle this horrible, gripping addiction.

WE are doing just that!  Battling and winning that battle.That represents hope for a better life for all that hang on to their quits. I think it might be Johnny's signature line that says something like: "I didn't quit smoking to live longer but to live better." I'm paraphrasing of course but you get the idea. Lets all quit and stay quit so we can live better. No matter whether we have 1 or 100 years still available to us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3