Friday 18th May 2018

Cbdave

Morning to the NOPE train... well just a heads up you got grumpy Jo today... I'm thinking its the COS detox but had a sum total of 1 hour sleep last night and 4 hours of roof starring... anything is likely to come from my fingers today so hold on to your hats peeps and sozzies in advance..... Now there is nothing spesh about today that's worth mentioning but I feel like there is and I am forgetting it so there ya go... Due to multiple announcements yesterday and the rainbow effect I forgot to do my Fursdee Fun Fact so this week it'll be a Fridee Fun Fact.... and for this fact I will impart some knowledge about the 2 territory hospitals... See Canberra (our capital city and territory, not its not a town in NSW) gets real cold and even has snow... so when they went to build a hossy (hospital) they decided to save money and used the plans for the hospital in Calvary, Canada with its lovely snow caps for the winter... well after Cyclone Tracey whiped Darwin (the capital of the northern territory... very tropical, very hot... all the time... they have 2 seasons wet and dry..) of the face of the earth they decided to save money and just use the plans from the Canberra hospital.... complete with snow caps.... first wet season the rain flooded in every window so they had to drill holes in all the snow caps... aren't we a clever lot.

OK... so cos I know you should have snow caps on windows in a tropical location to the Aussie Engineers ... i say:

NOPE ... Cos I'm not stupid enough to do that!

Topic of the Day: The 70's 

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 9

NOPE. 

Marshalling every resource from the past and new ones, putting them all together for greatest impact, including an app I just downloaded yesterday from a government site. I set today as the quit date. Tomorrow, actually, but I just drowned the last of the pack of cigarettes I have, so I'm quitting a day early. Now carefully, minute by minute, and with frequent check ins with the app to record mood and feeling of the moment. I have a terrible, eerie feeling that if I don't make it stick this time, I may never be able to quit.

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago; the second best time is now." Chinese proverb.

NOPE

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, Kate18 said:

NOPE. 

Marshalling every resource from the past and new ones, putting them all together for greatest impact, including an app I just downloaded yesterday from a government site. I set today as the quit date. Tomorrow, actually, but I just drowned the last of the pack of cigarettes I have, so I'm quitting a day early. Now carefully, minute by minute, and with frequent check ins with the app to record mood and feeling of the moment. I have a terrible, eerie feeling that if I don't make it stick this time, I may never be able to quit.

"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago; the second best time is now." Chinese proverb.

NOPE

Welcome Back Kate18... great to see you in noping too. Sending strength and resistance vibes out into the universe for you. 

• Like 5

Nope from me on POETS day!

@Kate18 good to see you here. Stay strong and post often. Use the Nope (your promise to you in front of all of us) daily to start your day. We're here to help.

Edited by Sslip
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Murbe said:

NOPE!!!!

Murbe, welcome on board. Hope you're settling in well and getting comfortable. 

When you've relaxed and made yourself at home, pop across the intros section to say hi, there's a load of great folk here to help you. Catch you around. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1