Ugh. Back to day 0.

Alright. Almost a month. Celebrate the little things. But, I smoked last night. Gonna start over, but I don't have the right frame of mind just yet. Gonna take a day or two to get on this train again.

Disappointed, but I'm not quitting on quitting. Just... ugh!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 9

So sorry to hear TS ? This quitting thing is difficult at times so having 100% commitment is crucial along with a lot of education about this addiction. What happened? Why no SOS to let others talk you off the ledge or did you just decide you wanted to smoke more than you wanted to quit momentarily?

Most important thing is ..... what did you learn from this relapse? That will be key to not repeating it.

Gather your resolve, bury your disappointment and join in again to create your forever quit :)

Edited by reciprocity
  • Like 7

Never quit quitting.  Your honesty in telling the forum is appreciated. Resume your quit ASAP!  We are all here for you. Posting an SOS can save a quit.  It saved mine @ 1 month. 

Edited by Lust4Life
  • Like 7

Why did you smoke? Were you drunk? Were you hanging out with smokers and just bummed one? Did you cave and drive to the store to buy a pack?

What triggered this and what can you do different next time to avoid having to start over again (and again and again)?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TravellingSunny said:

Alright. Almost a month. Celebrate the little things. But, I smoked last night. Gonna start over, but I don't have the right frame of mind just yet. Gonna take a day or two to get on this train again.

Disappointed, but I'm not quitting on quitting. Just... ugh!

I have done that, you need that mindset to have a forever quit. Reflect on what went wrong, what triggered you. And get back at it as soon as you can(ready)

• Like 7

This is horrible, terrible news, of course.

You probably feel like siht, in many ways and I thank you for posting. 

Sunny, it's clear you are going to quit and you Will quit when you Decide to quit. 

It is not impossible, it's a simple decision, I don't Smoke.

We are a fabulous group and I know you will get all kinds of love from   'warm and fuzzy'  to   'damn, that's a bit harsh' 

so, I will tell you, I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about this, Sunny.

Smoking isn't warm and fuzzy anyway.  Smoking entails Freebasing a zillion life threatening poisons to satisfy Nicotine Addiction.

Why would you choose this ?  I ask this with sincere concern and compassion.

You are a beautiful,  talented woman and deserve great kindness and care,  you do not deserve to be poisoned.

I look forward to you making a commitment to yourself, a commitment to NOPE.

You will and when you do, you'll find us,

we'll be waving like lunatics, cheering in wild abandon because, we are on your side.

I will always look forward to the honesty of your posts.

• Like 10

You got some great advice Sunny! 

My perspective is a little different than some, but here goes...

While I imagine it must be so discouraging for you right now, in my opinion, it doesn't mean you lost your quit unless you don't get right back on it! Don't start all over, just pick up and move on with your quit. Don't let a slip turn into a relapse. 

You are stronger than this Sunny! 

• Like 3

Stay close to the board Sunny....critical time for you.  Something inside you still believes in the cigarette...which is a dangerous mindset.  You are not missing ANYTHING by being a non smoker...you have everything to gain.

Keep close and keep talking about it...read, educate yourself.  Download an app on your phone that does hypnosis for smoking...I did that every night....quitting smoking was all I thought about.  I ate, drank, slept, and lived all about quitting smoking in the first few days, weeks, and sometimes...months.

We are here for you!

• Like 7

Sorry to read this sunny ? Please post an SOS next time so we can help you through the crave. I did and was saved a couple times so they do work if you really want them to! 

• Like 11

Sad news, most definitely but you can do this --- reach out to those of us here and we will try our best to help.  At least you said your not quitting on quitting but you need to get back on board and go for this.  

• Like 6

Aaawwww Sunny, so sad to here this, I remember the voice trying everything it could and then some and the struggle i had not to give in.. (like I had many times before) my lightbulb moment came when I posted that I was battle weary and wasn't sure I could keep fighting the voice in my head but a fantastic mentor said "how can you lose you are fighting yourself !!" and that is when I realised, yep, I was in control only I can choose to smoke or not..

Please, please, please jump back in with both feet, because if you are anything like me you will find 101 reasons why now is not the time and before you know it a year and another and another has passed...

You can do this Sunny. So you had a moment of weakness, build from that, you are stronger than your nic demon we are all here for you ?x

• Like 7

Hiya sunny, sorry to hear the bad news. But like others im really glad you shared this with us. Ive had many a quit before where i 'secret smoked' and those 'quits' were obviously doomed and did not last long. So being honest is great. Having an honest quit is paramount. 

Id just chuck your fags and get back on the train! No time like the present. Dont be too hard on yourself, i reckon everyone here has tried and failed in the past. Just learn from it. I know hindsight is a marvellous thing but if you had posted an sos you wouldn't have smoked! Ahhhh! 

Look forward to seeing you back 

• Like 4

Hey Sunny, I'm a newbie here but I'm not a newbie at relapsing - I feel your pain.

Focus on what that relapse cig was like? Did it feel good? Or did it make you feel grim? And did you almost immediately regret smoking it and blowing a month long quit?

Well done at least on admitting the relapse and resetting your quit clock. Get back on the train and good luck!

MB x

• Like 5

Sunny, sad to hear this, but the bravery to come here and post what has happened is promising. I hope this indicates you still want a smoke free life. Unfortunately that doesn't work if you even have an occassional cigarette, because we all know those will become increasingly frequest.

No judgement here, I understand the internal struggle, but you have to want it enough to reach out so you can be talked down when the most intense moments hit.

I'm proud of your honesty with us, I hope you take the opportunity to reflect and to be totally honest with yourself. What can stop you from making this quit the last you ever need to make?

• Like 6

I'm sorry to read this, Sunnny, but I do applaud your honesty in telling this to the board.  Many people leave support groups like this after relapsing.  I'm glad you didn't.

I've had many short quits and felt like I was a serial quitter for years.  It really sucks.  I'm glad I'm past that and I hope you can get to that point too.  It is real freedom to break from that cycle.

Be honest with yourself and analyze what went wrong and caused you to smoke.  Ask yourself, are you happy as a smoker?  I really think you aren't.  

I hope you start a new quit again soon and do whatever you have to do to keep the quit.  Reach out to this site if you feel you are in danger of smoking again.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, reciprocity said:

Most important thing is ..... what did you learn from this relapse? That will be key to not repeating it.

^^ What did you learn? (constructive stuff, none of that stupid negative stuff because that's just the nicodemon re-asserting its power... you have to take that back) Add that to the tool kit for your re-boot.

OH Sunny I'm so sad for you.. but.. your not quitting on quitting... good to see this. You can do this Sunny... big breath, back on the bike. Don't wait over a decade like I did. You can do this, you have done it before. Next time, is gunna be the sticky one. We have your back when your ready to re-launch.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, lml said:

You got some great advice Sunny! 

My perspective is a little different than some, but here goes...

While I imagine it must be so discouraging for you right now, in my opinion, it doesn't mean you lost your quit unless you don't get right back on it! Don't start all over, just pick up and move on with your quit. Don't let a slip turn into a relapse. 

You are stronger than this Sunny! 

Iml is so right !  Get back on your quit.  Don't let a slip turn into a relapse.  

• Like 2

You're doing right by starting over again.  It's not unusual to lapse - most of us have - but it is possible to keep your quit.  Please post an SOS first.  It has saved many a quit.  You can do it.

• Like 2

I am a bit surprised. We have plenty who join this board and are quitting but then they don't last even three days. You made it like 26 days according to the ticker thingy.

Ok so you have to start over but think of this - you avoided at least the 500+ cancer sticks in that time.

So it is like this - maybe you smoked yesterday. HOPEFULLY you are reading this thread before lighting up again.

Right now than is the time to say, "Ok, f*** the cigarette, I had a bad moment but NO MORE."

You can do this. You have GOT to quit those god damn cigarettes. You know you can do this and so do the rest of us here.

• Like 3

Aww...I always get very sad when one of our soldiers lose thier battle...

Sunny firstly thank you for coming here and holding your hands up...this is a great sign...deep down ..you really don't want to be a smoker...otherwise you would have dissapeared into the sunset..

Your seat is still here..and still warm...you have done your practice run...now make this your sticky...

As others have said..you have to be honest with yourself... And ask what  went wrong .....still romancing the cig ????

If so ...re- read everything here...

I betting that cig tasted like shit.!!!....and you wondered why you were missing it...

It's the nature of addiction...

You can do it Sunny...take smoking off the table...no matter what...!!!!

• Like 1

Aww...I always get very sad when one of our soldiers lose thier battle...

Me too...and at this point in time, it hits really close to home.

Thinking of you Sunny. I am hurting for you and me. ??

• Like 1