Not worth the money

Suz916

Having always been a frugal person , there have always been a couple things I have always wanted to try .  So with my first month of what would have been cig money I decided to splurge on what I would consider expensive shampoo and conditioner ?I have coarse, thick hair and have always wondered if the expensive stuff would make my hair better . At $23. A piece I expected Jennifer Aniston . Don’t bother , it’s no different ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

But....It smells good.....

I think I can smell it from here...

i am am constantly amazed at my sense of smell since I quit smoking....

the he good smells great!....but...the bad smells terrible!!!

:15_yum::3_grin:

Edited by joe
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Funny this thread came up, I started a similar one on another forum about the "vintage" electronic goods that are broken yet priced like they are brand new. So about 75% of the "vintage" electronics on ebay.

But aboit hair care -

For the most part, expensive hair products are a ripoff. You are correct.

Yeah they might smell good and are endorsed by some guy with a fancy accent but they are not going to change the texture of your hair. The texture of your hair is genetic. The main ingredient in expensive shampoo/conditioner is snake oil.

I have tried several expensive ones myself but they worked no better than El Cheapo brands.

To be honest, the best shampoo I have tried is tres-emme, like $4 for a quart size bottle at Wal-fart.

Suave shampoo sucks but they have this $3 small bottle of leave-in conditioner that is awesome. Use like 1/2 a dime-size bit, get your hands a little wet, rub them together, then work it through your hair. One bottle lasts a few months even with daily use.

I do not know the brand you got, I assume Arbonne or Wen? Yes they are ungodly expensive. If they are so super great though, how come they are not even sold in stores?

If you want to be Jennifer Aniston, probably flat-ironing your hair after wash (after it is dry) is the best bet.

An even BETTER bet is find a style that works best with one's hair texture. Thick and coarse is easier to care for when it is shorter.

• Like 1

Good for you on rewarding yourself suz. I also have thick hair. I found that it's more about the conditioner than the shampoo. I got a frizz relaxing shampoo and invested in a nice straightening iron. And it works great! :)

• Like 2

Salon hair stuff is packed with silicones. They’re taking care of the visual but don’t improve the true condition. The smaller, private companies are the place to go. Probably we live in two ends of the world so there’s no point in recommending, but hair care has been a raising star in the last years and there are many gems. 

• Like 1