Happy 4 years Quit Train!

babs609

Started out as hypothetical....a few discussions...and the drive and determination of our Fearless Leader...my friend for life ?...Marylandquitter.

March 30, 2014 the Quit Train was born!  Since that time....this place has been magical and truly has been running on it's own ever since.  Little to no moderation was ever really needed.   Run by the dedicated members here...who are just paying it forward for the help they received in the fight for their lives.

Great bonds are formed here.  Long after they quit they keep coming back here...their "go to" place.  Playing games and being silly and having fun.  The beauty of that...is that they are here...round the clock...ready, willing, and able to get serious and help when the need arises.  It's a beautiful thing!   

SO I would like to salute you all...and congratulate you on a job VERY well done..

As always....thank you MQ

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY QUIT TRAIN!!?

Who wants cake?

image.png.b6d977db987d3661d2ac12816300c56e.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

I'll be having a huge slice of this fabulous cake..

I'm the newest member to take the V I P seat...I thank MQ  for trusting me with this honour XXX

The Quit Train...I love this magical place...

I have made the most wonderful friends here..,we care about each other ...friends that will stay in my heart forever...some have moved along...but they are still in my heart and thoughts...

This place works !!!...why.... Because we can laugh at ourselves...joke amongst ourselves...come to the rescue when a member needs help...support each other ,love and care for each other.

Anyone who finds them selves here...are the lucky ones...a place where... You can shout ,cry, get a hug. Get.support a 100 per cent..

Everyone's deserves a safe place...to not be judged ...

Thank you MQ...for taking the time ,and the care to get the wheels turning on this Amazin Train...I owe my quit to this place...shall I never forget !!!!

Hugs .xxxx

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Well forget the cake, its not a party without Choccie Crackles, Honey Joys and Fairy Bread... but I bought some to share...

hyde-park-xmas-picnic-2009-suze-platter.

So... thank you MQ and everyone at the QT for being my port in the storm... just like Dore I owe my quit to this place and some of the new mates I've made and/or claimed. Doesn't mean those from over there that migrated here too didn't play a part too... but having the QT to re-connect... we will never know where I would have been without it. You do realise I'm not a guest, I've taken up perminant residency in the baggage compartment and I'm claiming squatters rights. So thanks for my cyber, smoke free, safe happy place of a home where I can be me in all my wierd and crazy manifestations and drive you all insane with my drivel to my own content. Thank you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yes- Thanks for being here and always having room for new passengers!  This Train provides much needed comfort for those embarking (and traveling on) their journey to freedom from smoking! Chugga-chugga-choo-choo!!!! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure how the animosity between boards started back then nor who said it wouldn't last. And I don't want to see it brought up now over four years later but I would like to thank you all for taking us in and welcoming us. We really do appreciate it. So thank you MQ and quit train, again, and happy belated birthday :)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, jillar said:

I'm not sure how the animosity between boards started back then nor who said it wouldn't last. And I don't want to see it brought up now over four years later but I would like to thank you all for taking us in and welcoming us. We really do appreciate it. So thank you MQ and quit train, again, and happy belated birthday :)

Jillar....I assure you..the post had nothing to do with animosity.  Many, many people have gone off and tried to start their own forum and failed, but The Quit Train succeeded.  I was not implying anything else but that.  Also...that's a saying in reference to a marriage or relationship..."it will never last"...I was just being silly.

Glad you are here.

I Changed the title so that there is no misunderstanding.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I would not have understood my addiction without this place and for that and the camaraderie I am eternally grateful.

Thanks to MQ for his foresight and insight and all the mods for their time keeping this site running smooth and their vigilance in keeping ubiquitous spam away.

Lately, it has been really interesting going through  the archives and pulling up posts that may resonate again with new quitters.

With everyone adding their anecdotal evidence , our catalog is becoming an even better resource for anyone quitting or thinking about quitting.

I'm proud to be a member.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Love this post Babs!   The Quit Train has come a long way from the days of the initial idea that is for sure!   I am forever grateful to have been asked to be a part of it.  We are family, all of us.    Doesn't matter how long you've been here, if you belong to 50 quit sites or if you post a lot of hardly at all.    All you have to do to belong to this family is want to quit smoking and have a crazy love for all things cats!  ?    ?  how easy is that!

Thanks MQ!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi, My best wishes for continuing be a non smoker!

How you all able to add the fancy counter? I dont want to add the counter provided by this forums/website. But there is some website for it..can someone share me..

Thanks.

Rajaj