Effective Quit Smoking Ads

I was searching for an image to think of when the nicotine demon tries to mess with me.  I found a plethora of images that I shall endeavor to print and pin up in all of my usual places.  But, this particular advertisement jumped right out at me.  I don't know what the subtext in the ad says, but the image was effective.

image.thumb.png.85489f797f2fc14570bdaa1f42de898f.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

One thing that sets bad with me is hearing or reading stories about people my age (early 40's) who died of this shit. It made me think, "Damn, when will I end up getting killed from tobacco?"

But for anti-smoking ads -

I think this one would motivate. Old cougar looking woman with a hole in her throat. There is not suppose to be a hole there.

article-2285666-1856A461000005DC-437_306

Edited by Jetblack
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Paquet_de_cigarettes_neutre.jpg?auto=for

G'day

Im looking at the packets and I realized that I can't remember the exact name of the cigs I used to smoke. I know it was Long Beach but what sort escapes me. I know they were the same strenght as the Winfield blues but which ones. I don't care to find out either. 

Its great to forget but I am worried that I'm getting "old timers" desease, gulp

C

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

Paquet_de_cigarettes_neutre.jpg?auto=for

This is crazy.  I imagine they are pretty effective!  I wouldn't want to look at this picture all day... but, knowing me, I'd've probably just bought a cigarette case so that I could ignore it.  That's addiction for you, huh?

• Like 2

G'day Travelingsunny 

Having the same packets and only having some fine print to tell them apart makes it interesting at parties. Always mixing them up is easy as no one can remember what desease was on your latest packet. Was it a dead baby one or did I have gangrene?

C

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Cbdave said:

G'day

Im looking at the packets and I realized that I can't remember the exact name of the cigs I used to smoke. I know it was Long Beach but what sort escapes me. I know they were the same strenght as the Winfield blues but which ones. I don't care to find out either. 

Its great to forget but I am worried that I'm getting "old timers" desease, gulp

C

^ This is awesome... not Old Timers... its just so insignificant now that you brain has deleted the reference... do you remember every math formula you had to learn for school??? Nope, not old timers either... just not relevant to you anymore so ya brain shreds the file.

15 minutes ago, TravellingSunny said:

This is crazy.  I imagine they are pretty effective!  I wouldn't want to look at this picture all day... but, knowing me, I'd've probably just bought a cigarette case so that I could ignore it.  That's addiction for you, huh?

^ Australia has the strictest smoking laws in the world... currently we have 165% tax on each packet... by 2020 the average 25 pack will be $40... we were the first to ban sporting adversting, tv advertising, sporting sponsorship, advertising, then plain paging with huge word warnings, then these... UK was next (and the first in Europe) and now there are heaps doing the scary packs....  These packs came in in 2012... and for 5 years I looked at it and you actually get desensitised to it but everyone has one or two they hate..

3 minutes ago, Cbdave said:

G'day Travelingsunny 

Having the same packets and only having some fine print to tell them apart makes it interesting at parties. Always mixing them up is easy as no one can remember what desease was on your latest packet. Was it a dead baby one or did I have gangrene?

C

I could handly happy feet, and eye spy, but  the dead baby won destroyed me... I would make them swap it.... the asthma kid one also killed because the kid has asthma, talk about ya guilt trip but if got asthma girl I would fricking chain smoke them so they were gone quicker... how moronic is that.

• Sad 1

My Friend..RIP...

Well she put black tape all around the packets to block out the pic,s...when I asked her why.. She knows they are there..her reply...

If I don't see it..it doesn't bother me...imagine ..all that time wasted .....addiction sucks...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So true Doreen. I so understand not seeing those things. I didnt nned tape though. Just didnt look. Been there done that.

Yes, addiction sucks.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cbdave said:

G'day Travelingsunny 

C

I must be a terrible person, but that made me giggle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, notsmokinjo said:

I could handly happy feet, and eye spy, but  the dead baby won destroyed me... I would make them swap it.... the asthma kid one also killed because the kid has asthma, talk about ya guilt trip but if got asthma girl I would fricking chain smoke them so they were gone quicker... how moronic is that.

Dead baby one? Not sure what that looked like (prolly no need to post it) but would that even be legal?

Since America seems to have a hard-on  about getting people to quit, I wonder why our smokes have normal packages? Even the warning about health effects is just on the side of the pack where people don;t look anyways.

7 hours ago, TravellingSunny said:

I wouldn't want to look at this picture all day... but, knowing me, I'd've probably just bought a cigarette case so that I could ignore it.  That's addiction for you, huh?

It was also one of the things that drove me to quit. Not the photos but trying to skirt whatever inconveniences. At one point i thought about supplementing my smoking with smokeless tobacco for times I could not have a cigarette. Then I thought, "Am I THAT hooked? So hooked to want to use smokeless so my precious addiction is fed?" I never actually did pick up smokeless though. I have used it before and it is just vile.

I felt like a dumb ass and realized, "I need to drop this habit, this is bullcrap."

• Like 2