Took patch off this morning

lml

I am beginning to believe that I AM stronger than my craves. What a great place to be. And SAZ, your question regarding why I am on the patch has made me dig deep - for me, It is/was FEAR that I wasnt strong enough. I QUIT smoking; I am so done with it, and now do embrace the withdrawal. But I was still putting nicotine into my body. I want it gone. There is not one good thing that smoking/nicotine gives me or does for me. It is a lie that I enjoyed smoking, that it made me happy, or that it  calmed me Down. It was the addiction. I am an ADDICT. So while there is not one good thing it did for me, there are many bad things shielded in the lies/denial i lived in.that is worse fog then I will experience in days/weeks to come.

No more smoking. No more nicotine. I am giving up my self induced slavery and reclaiming freedom. I am giving up lies and seeing and accepting truth. I am giving up fear and trading it in for strength. If I do experience 5 days of fog as I initially feared, there will be times during those 5 days that I am seeing through the fog as a smoke and nicotine free person on my way to FREEDOM. 

• Like 12

Love your attitude lml, keep reminding yourself of that in the coming days/weeks to come. The brain fog is different for everyone, mine lasted a few weeks so yours may last longer than five days. Be kind to yourself and let your body dictate what it needs. That means if it's hungry, eat. Craving sweets, eat a candy. Tired, rest etc. Our bodies are remarkable at being able to try to right the wrongs we did by smoking :)

• Like 7

On 5/8/2018 at 5:35 PM, lml said:

I am beginning to believe that I AM stronger than my craves. What a great place to be. And SAZ, your question regarding why I am on the patch has made me dig deep - for me, It is/was FEAR that I wasnt strong enough. I QUIT smoking; I am so done with it, and now do embrace the withdrawal. But I was still putting nicotine into my body. I want it gone. There is not one good thing that smoking/nicotine gives me or does for me. It is a lie that I enjoyed smoking, that it made me happy, or that it  calmed me Down. It was the addiction. I am an ADDICT. So while there is not one good thing it did for me, there are many bad things shielded in the lies/denial i lived in.that is worse fog then I will experience in days/weeks to come.

No more smoking. No more nicotine. I am giving up my self induced slavery and reclaiming freedom. I am giving up lies and seeing and accepting truth. I am giving up fear and trading it in for strength. If I do experience 5 days of fog as I initially feared, there will be times during those 5 days that I am seeing through the fog as a smoke and nicotine free person on my way to FREEDOM. 

Wow Iml !  Wow !  What an exciting day  !  Congratulations.  You ARE strong....even on patches you are strong.

You are going to win.  You have education and intent on your side, all of us are on your side.

Please protect your quit and if you need to do patches again do not hesitate to go on them.  Patches or no, the most important thing is You have Quit Smoking.

Returning to patches will not signify failure.  The only way you will fail is if you put a smoke in your mouth and set it on fire and that ain't going to happen.

I think you are going to feel better the sooner nicotine is out of your body.

Well, you might hit a few bumps but, just knowing it is leaving your body will give you extra powers.

Super Powers.  Have no doubt, you are going to win.

You are already ahead of the game by your work these past 10 days of not smoking.

Please stay close to the board and let us know what is happening. pm me if ever you should need.

Love,

S

Here is my jasmine wall with a special message for you,

YOU GO GIRL !!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lml said:

You ARE stronger than you think you are, and I love how empowered you are! You are brave and committed!

Keep up the vigilance! I didn't use patches, so I can't speak from experience there. But, these first few weeks are a roller coaster of emotions while you go through the process. Go with them as best as you can. Stay close.to the board for as long as you need, and then stay a little longer. 

• Like 7

Your thread made me smile, lml.  That is the perfect attitude.

Yes, you are stronger than your craves and yes, you are a non-smoker.  That is fantastic.  Keep up the great work!

• Like 7

Great attitude?. I hear you, anytime I thought of quitting I was terrified and have anxiety. I cannot for the life of me remember what I was soo damn scared of . You got this?

• Like 8

You have this lml... you are an adict but your in some pretty impressive company cos we all are. And we have all quit... oh, your in that club too... and some of us are nicotine free... soon to join us - YOU..... You are stronger than any crave, you have this and we are all here for the hairy time, day or night cos we are global so every time zone is covered.

lml is woman here her roar !

• Like 7

Thank you all for your support and for being there!!! Strange how you all, who I never met never knew existed until a week ago are so darn important to me. I think it is only people like you who have gone through this can understand and not judge my craziness a what I am going through. WE ARE strong. Thank you for letting me borrow and share you strength and helping me find mine. I went for a nice walk and swim.

I will take a patch to work with me tomorrow, just in case. 

Edited by lml
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, lml said:

I will take a patch to work with me tomorrow, just in case. 

I still had over a 100 nrt gums in my place and at work for 2 months after I stopped chewing them, just in case.... nothing wrong with being smart about this. As Sazzy said, going back on the patches is not failure... the only failure is putting a smoke in your mouth, lighting it and drawing back.... just don't smoke, one day at a time, thats your focus. Look forward and lets do this one day at a time. Because you know you can nail one day... you've already done more than a week.... all those 24 hours are adding up....

• Like 5

There is some good news here -

As we know, smoking/tobacco use is a LOT more than just a hit of nicotine. It is a lifestyle.

There is a fair chance you will go through a few days of "fog" but honestly, it isn't that bad. I guess it is like a watered down version of being stoned. Do try to be a little more careful during this period if doing anything dangerous if you have physical job or whatever. To be honest, i kind of enjoyed the relaxed feeling of the "fog".

You quit smoking more than a week ago so the habit itself should start subsiding by now.

You might be expecting this big, nasty, horrible crave to hit during a possible Fog but that is not likely to happen. You gave up the other elements of smoking so the last one, nicotine, won;t be missed much, if at all.

The best thing to avoid nicotine and tobacco completely is to not have any form of it around. having an "emergency" supply would be too tempting.

Let friends/acquaintances know you are quit. They will be reluctant to give you a cigarette even if you do ask.

Most important, tell the nicodemon to phuck off each day. He will try to creep in, believe that, but you tell him where to go, he leaves with his tail between his legs.

Some thjread on here described him as having a stench of death and maggots falling out of his mouth. Holy crap if THAT doesn't discourage wanting to smoke...

Edited by Jetblack
  • Like 3

And all is good this morning :) It feels soooo good not to be putting nicotine in my body. It feels good to be able to breathe a little better each day.

• Like 6

Hi johnny5, I love your picture of the toddler. That look on his/her face is how I feel right now. When I see that pictures, it really reminds me...I CAN do this. I AM doing this. So cute :) 

• Like 3

Hello Iml,

Very exciting about your new day !  Your second day sans nicotine.

All of our hearts are with you and our faith too.

There isn't one reason in the world that you wouldn't succeed,

Doreen is right,  REJOICE, you don't smoke !

Your body is expelling poisons and getting into gear healing yourself,

give it the best of chances,  watch your blood sugar, deep clean breaths, cool refreshing water and all the kindness you can muster.

S

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doreen is right,  REJOICE, you don't smoke !

Unbelievable! I DON'T smoke! I DON'T want to smoke! OMG!  I am rejoicing; every moment and every breath. 

watch your blood sugar, deep clean breaths, cool refreshing water and all the kindness you can muster.

I thought this was just a cliche saying at first Saz. But then I googled and now I understand. I am drinking LOTS of water and eating regularly. I did used to go without breakfast until 11:00 am, then would have brunch. But now, I NEED to eat more regularly - I will eat smaller meals/snacks, but need to keep my blood sugar up. :)

So far so good. I don't understand why I was so afraid. I am feeling very good and very excitited about this all. If I get a crave, I know what it is; most of the times I can get rid of it with a chuckle at what I am trying to say to myself (have just one), a couple times I had to get up and take a nice walk, others it is medidation. 

One not feeding my body nicotine!!! 11 days not smoking. 

• Like 3

Great job LML! You’re strong and have will of steel. I didn’t write in that topic, but I really appreciate your attitude and the way you discussed with Saz. You presented your arguments, listened, considered them... it’s amazing. You have this quit and I wish you as few cravings as possible 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BKP said:

Bye bye nicotine.  

I love it. This morning I was also singing a song to nicotine:

your not welcome anymore, you tried to make me cry but did I crumble, did i lay down and die. No not I. 

Yep...bye bye nicotine. I remember a breakup with a couple loves of life. At first, I thought about them all the time and cried. Now, I can't even remember ones name. Never give them a thought.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lml said:

I love it. This morning I was also singing a song to nicotine:

your not welcome anymore, you tried to make me cry but did I crumble, did i lay down and die. No not I. 

Yep...bye bye nicotine. I remember a breakup with a couple loves of life. At first, I thought about them all the time and cried. Now, I can't even remember ones name. Never give them a thought.

Honey, that quit is looking GOOD on you!!

• Like 1

This is splendid.  Now, you won't be slogging through weeks of nicotine's torture.

You have so many more better and beautiful things to do in this life.

Water, deep breaths and keeping blood sugar up in no cliche,  all those things really keep you strong.

I am delighted for you, Iml.  We all are.

• Like 1