Most all of you have tickers!!

Avian

I'm a bit slow, but I just suddenly noticed this when I  just signed in right now.  When I wasn't signed in I wondered why nobody had them. 

Is there a particular reason you only share with members on this forum your time quit? Whether I had one week, one month, one year or 5 years, I would be so proud that I would want everyone to see what I have accomplished. 

I think it would really be helpful to lurkers who might be considering joining to see the tickers. I believe it would give them more confidence to see how successful you all are and entice them into joining. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Under the member name/handle you can see the "quit date"(no member needed), as a member the "tickers" show . Thats all i can say maybe someone else can help you more on that but they can see quit dates under members on the left

• Like 1

3 hours ago, avian3 said:

I'm a bit slow, but I just suddenly noticed this when I  just signed in right now.  When I wasn't signed in I wondered why nobody had them. 

Is there a particular reason you only share with members on this forum your time quit? Whether I had one week, one month, one year or 5 years, I would be so proud that I would want everyone to see what I have accomplished. 

I think it would really be helpful to lurkers who might be considering joining to see the tickers. I believe it would give them more confidence to see how successful you all are and entice them into joining. Just my opinion.

I don't want one but, if you go to the top left of the main page, you will see TICKER 

or, 

here, Miss A, use this handy link Ticker.

Are you The Avian from QSMB ?  If so, I've been a lurking fan for years.  So sorry your site crashed, gah...all that information and history lost is heartbreaking.

Hope you will feel good here, it is an honor to see you.  You were very influential helping me to have a successful quit, thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for that info!

You are the first person that has publicly welcomed me to this forum and you don't know how much that means to me!  Thank you Sazerac!!

I also want to tell you that I think you are truly here to help new quitters more than anyone else and your posts and advice about quitting is the absolute best. I very much enjoy reading your posts.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, avian3 said:

Thank you for that info!

You are the first person that has publicly welcomed me to this forum and you don't know how much that means to me!  Thank you Sazerac!!

I also want to tell you that I think you are truly here to help new quitters more than anyone else and your posts and advice about quitting is the absolute best. I very much enjoy reading your posts.

Well, I am certainly honored to welcome you.  Where the fck is the band ?  here they are !

and thank you for your compliments, A.  You blazed an honest,  clear and  informative trail for me and many, many others to follow.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jillar said:

Welcome aboard Jan, my apologies for not welcoming you publicly sooner ;)

That's okay. I'm not sure if I ever welcomed you publicly. Let me go check!   Oh that's right, there is nothing to check!?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, babs609 said:

I might have overlooked something...but I don't see an introductory thread.  I am sure if you posted one...you would have gotten a lot of warm welcomes.  

True newbies usually get a warm welcome from me via a personal message once they post an introduction....too many "members" join, and then are never heard from again...and Sally...we have different views on this one... ;) 

• Like 3

I do not have a ticker just cause i prefer to keep my posts "minimalist" with no signature nor picture. I do that on all forums though.

Besides, in the unlikely case i DO blow my Quit, it would just make me feel worse to look at a "trophy" I did not earn or had to give back.