The Great Nicotine Free Mental Fog

• 3 months later...

I had something earlier in my quit, don't quite know what it was, now I have some answer to this thankyou.  The feeling was more important to me than the fog, because the fog was and still is part of my make up, vague some people call it. Others call it "off with the fairy's" Others yet "in a world of her own". 

The main difference was that I did not like it, it wasn't a nice fuzzy fog, so I just put one foot in front of the other, and wrote out copious lists and ticked them off, this kept me in the land of the living. Happy to say I don't have any fog now, except the fuzzy kind now and again which is more relaxing. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found this thread and enjoyed the laughs.    and hope.

Grateful I do have the luxury of a long spring break right now. 

I've been short circuiting brain wise since i quit.  Have not seen (or missed) anyone share about motor skills....mine are skipping. I drop lots of things and choose not to do complex stuff (like folding fitted sheets, ha ha) telling myself these tasks will wait, or can be done at a lower standard for the time being.

That being said, I caffined up (for the first time since I quit) in an effort to get rolling for the weekly  housework. Surprised and joyfilled that no crave came with the coffee.

Cruising on in my fog.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, darcy said:

Found this thread and enjoyed the laughs.    and hope.

Grateful I do have the luxury of a long spring break right now. 

I've been short circuiting brain wise since i quit.  Have not seen (or missed) anyone share about motor skills....mine are skipping. I drop lots of things and choose not to do complex stuff (like folding fitted sheets, ha ha) telling myself these tasks will wait, or can be done at a lower standard for the time being.

That being said, I caffined up (for the first time since I quit) in an effort to get rolling for the weekly  housework. Surprised and joyfilled that no crave came with the coffee.

Cruising on in my fog.

Hi, darcy,

I don't think I was cognizant enough to notice whether my motor skills were awry.  lol.

Yay, the coffee trigger is conquered today.  Glad you have a long break, you will begin to feel better and have time to celebrate.

• Like 2

Hey all! So true...this post-nicotine brain fog! Luckily it won't last forever. It does make it hard to concentrate! Loved reading this...thanks to those who articulate it so humor-fully. 

Me, I find it annoying but am determined to muddle through until it's fully over with. Day 58 and it's a lot better, but there are still a few silvery whisps sailing through my brain throughout the day...sabotaging my systematic execution of tasks and choking my train of thought.  It still beats smoke moving through the lungs, though! Ha!! We quitters rock!!! 🎸

Edited by Angeleek
  • Like 5

• Sazerac changed the title to The Great Nicotine Free Mental Fog

Such a thing is not for everybody.

Nicotine stimulates certain things in your brain that we learn to manufacture without the prompt from nicotine.

Endorphins are the major bump.

This is why rewards are so important.

When my attention waned in the fog, breathing and water helped so much.  Exercise also, moving around, clearing your head.

• Like 1