Aussie Rules IS NOT Rugby ... you silly North Americans

notsmokinjo

OK @Whispers and @reciprocity this is Aussie Rules... it even has pictures and examples.... I have 2 versions, one by and Aussie and 1 by a pom (now @Sslip  will probably listen to this and correct my accent assessmet) ... now its simple if a pom can work it out and explain it correctly surely you guys can get it.

• Like 1

LMAO, you're really trying to push this on us. Back to the 7th game and a 7 game series, it does show and reward the team most deserving for the sports we watch. Hockey, Baseball and Basketball. Football is a one game set like your footy. I honestly have to watch more of it to fully understand it, rugby i dont watch but a quick look it reminds me of it. I had no idea what footy was but i do know now there is a sport called footy. You really love this sport which is great and you have peaked my interest in it as a result 

• Thanks 1

WTF's a Prom? Though that was a fancy school dance where girls had to wear a fancy dress or something?

And by the way, Yes! If it's played on a field outdoors and people are not wearing any real sort of protective equipment and there doesn't appear to ever be any sort of scoring happening then, it's either rugby or soccer (which is the proper word for "football?). From what I've seen, those two sports are pretty much the same anyway except in soccer they appear to be a little more calm in their treatment of other players?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

WTF's a Prom? Though that was a fancy school dance where girls had to wear a fancy dress or something?

OMG Reci, you made me watch both of those again  (which with the 2nd one was a special type of torture cos the team that looses is mine) and had me scratching my head at Prom then I  I realised instead of PROM you meant POM.... a pom is an Englishman... or woman... often preceeded with the adjective.. whinging.

You'll have to ask one of the yanks what a Prom is cos we don't have them here... no wait a minute we do, we have places like Wilson's Prom, with Prom being promontory (which would be how someone at a fancy school wanker might say it but most Aussies would say Prom)

Wilson's Prom... part of the best state in Australia.... Victoria...

WILSONS-PROMONTORY-1.png Wilsons-Prom.jpg 

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

And by the way, Yes! If it's played on a field outdoors and people are not wearing any real sort of protective equipment and there doesn't appear to ever be any sort of scoring happening then, it's either rugby or soccer (which is the proper word for "football?). From what I've seen, those two sports are pretty much the same anyway except in soccer they appear to be a little more calm in their treatment of other players?

Yes its played outs, often in the mud and rain, but the gound is oval shaped and more than double the size of a rugby or soccer pitch. Doesn't appear to be any scoring happening... um in the second video in the top left hand corner you will see the team names and scores... the scores at the end of the game (which I was at) were 109pts to 108pts ... shit mate if that's hardly scoring I dunno what would the score need to be for it to be decent scoring.. Last weekend the lowest score was 52 (which is pretty shit) and the highest score was 108.

6 hours ago, Whispers said:

LMAO, you're really trying to push this on us. 

Maybe I am trying to give back after the joy that is ice hockey.... or maybe it is step 9 of my plan for Australia to take over the world.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1

Maybe you would prefer the women's comp... doesn't do anything for me but the boys seem to like it...

Confession: I'm kinda jealous, I would have loved to play but back in the old days when I was a kid girls had to play in boys teams and could only play until U13s... I started a season but got suspended by my club for 4 weeks (in U9s) after an incident at training so my dad wouldn't let me play anymore.. now domestically and at a professional level they have their own comp. I'm too old and broken for this now.

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, reciprocity said:

I'm too lazy and stupid to learn new sports at this point. I don't even much care for the ones I have watched for years.

I do like the Wilson's Prom beach pic though :) 

I love sports this i have to look into this a lil more during a dead sport season for me. That means when my teams are eliminated

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Whispers said:

I love sports this i have to look into this a lil more during a dead sport season for me. That means when my teams are eliminated

Lost all interest in sports when the Lingerie Football League died :8_laughing:

2drw87d.jpg

• Like 2

Have you guys ever watched the Isle of Mann TT Motorcycle Road Races?  You may not view it as a sport but, in terms of speed and danger, it's the best - bar none!!

They close the road course on the Isle of Mann in late May - early June every year for a week or two and run super sport motorcycles around the roads, through towns and countryside. Lots of spills along the way! Worlds most difficult and dangerous annual motorcycle road race!

May 26th - June 8th this year I think.

N6O0Tkf.gif

IlliterateFabulousCassowary-size_restric

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is why Aussie Rules is the game of Legends.... Cressie (Daryn Cresswell) landed awkwardly and dislocated his knee cap... did he roll on the ground crying like a nancy boy... no cos he didn't play soccer... did he wait for the stretchers to take him away... no cos he doesn't play rugby or gridiron... no Crossie wacked his fricken kneecap back into place, got his arse up off the ground and kept playing for the next 3 quarters (cos there are 4 quarters in a whole not 3) and got player of the match for his awesome skills... now that's a man:

Edited by notsmokinjo
  • Like 1

I always thought uk footy (soccer) was a bit of a joke, spesh after the 96 world cup semi final shafting of the aussies but the umps and Italy... and then this crazy pom found me my team and not I sit up all night listening to a game i barely understand to support a team in a game I'm not even sure I like... hahaha.... our song is better than your song:

and here are my Footy Boys singing our song when we won for Milney's last game...

• Like 1