Hey Ya'll trying again.

rustycolts

Last year I tried to quit after 45 years of smoking.I had stopped for about 6 months and then hurricane Irma came through.Well after about the 6th day without power I had had it and started again.Actually I just used that as an excuse to start again I was weak.I have decided to give it another go. Last time a forum group really helped me with support so I wanted to join for the back up.I started my quit again 75 hours and twenty minutes ago.Today has been a real test wish me luck

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Whispers said:

I remember reading rusty posts on QSMB , good luck rusty! You did this before and can again. Don't ever quit quitting(trying)

Was it that one?I couldn't find it.I know it sure helped I wish I could have reached out during Irma probably would have saved my bacon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TravellingSunny said:

Welcome to the group, Rusty!  I'm new to this group as well having come from a previous support group.  Looking forward to getting to know you and helping each other through this process.

Thank you.It is nice having a support group to get you through the tough times.

Hi Rusty. Tell yourself that you are not "trying to quit" again, but that you are by golly, definitely, not-taking-any-prisoners, absolutely, unequivocally, beyond-any-doubt, categorically, no-ifs-ands-or-buts, unmistakably, decidedly, surely and without fail going to quit and quit for good. (thesaurus) :)

Smoking is simply no longer an option in your life. So success will be yours. You can do this! Welcome aboard.

Edited by Lin-quitting
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Lin-quitting said:

Tell yourself that you are not "trying to quit" again, but that you are by golly, definitely, not-taking-any-prisoners, absolutely, unequivocally, beyond-any-doubt, categorically, no-ifs-ands-or-buts, unmistakably, decidedly, surely and without fail going to quit and quit for good. (thesaurus) :)

Where's the LOVE button when you need it???

• Thanks 1

You made it through three solid days without a smoke.

It may or may not be easier at this point but one thing for sure -

You now know you can survive a day without one so keep that in mind next time you want to light up. Like, "Well screw it, i made it this far, why not keep going?"

• Like 1

Hi rustycolts! Welcome!! Congratulations on your quit! Harvey & Irma were  nightmares. Maria too.  (I live in the Southeast).   Hurricane season is fast approaching--go ahead and write up a "No-Relapse Plan"  & pack it up with your extra batteries & hurricane supplies!! 

Glad you found your way here. The QSMB forum is no more- a lot of us jumped on the Quit Train & are grateful for the hospitality & support here! 

• Like 1

I'm getting confused with all the support groups but .... isn't that a good thing? The more support we have the better! I don;t care what the group name is only that everyone is supporting our common goal - stopping our participation in this deadly addiction! Welcome aboard the Quit Train Rusty! Stay active here - it will help you more than you may think :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lust4Life said:

Hi rustycolts! Welcome!! Congratulations on your quit! Harvey & Irma were  nightmares. Maria too.  (I live in the Southeast).   Hurricane season is fast approaching--go ahead and write up a "No-Relapse Plan"  & pack it up with your extra batteries & hurricane supplies!! 

Glad you found your way here. The QSMB forum is no more- a lot of us jumped on the Quit Train & are grateful for the hospitality & support here! 

Thanks,I actually looked for the old board but could not find it?I am pretty much a hurricane vet having lived in Fl all my life.I absolutely will not use that as an excuse again.After I know my pets and house are ok its a hotel for us somewhere there is power.Sure am glad I found this board.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rustycolts said:

Last year I tried to quit after 45 years of smoking.I had stopped for about 6 months and then hurricane Irma came through.Well after about the 6th day without power I had had it and started again.Actually I just used that as an excuse to start again I was weak.I have decided to give it another go. Last time a forum group really helped me with support so I wanted to join for the back up.I started my quit again 75 hours and twenty minutes ago.Today has been a real test wish me luck

It's not about luck, rustycolts.

It's all about You and what You want.

Around 80 hours ago you chose to confront your nicotine addiction.

More power to you.

Learn all you can, again, about nicotine addiction.

This site has great resources, use them to your advantage.

We're here to cheer you on and wildly celebrate your daily, hourly, weekly, monthly, yearly...milestones.

I spent Katrina at home,  left after 13 days when things were got even more weird. 

Watching Irma was horrifying, it just hung there for days,  like a river, like a waterfall of GOM .

Glad you are here.

Welcome aboard Rusty.  Glad you found us.  Some good people here that will help guide you on this journey.  Great job on the 80 hours.  Just come here often to read, be  entertained, and to reach out as you need.  And remember to NOPE daily it really has helped me.